Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016 327M Aftermarket Garage Door Patio Rail Insatallation

We are considering some longer trips in the next year, and when we bought our camper, we were told we could install the ramp folding patio rails later if we decided to. Has anyone done this? The only impediment to full timing with indoor/outdoor cats, according to my cat-doting wife, is if we can give them a space where they can be outside. They currently survive quite well having our condo patio to recline on, and I'm confident if we could add the patio accessory to our current camper they would be satisfied, and my wife mollified. Is this possible, do I need to pull it up to the manufacturer, or is this something a worthy dealer could install. Or, as a very capable, mechanically inclined and accomplished fixer of all things, should I just order the parts and do it myself?

Cheers,
    Devin

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devin, I took mine off due to length issues. Really not much to it. Each corner bracket had 3 bolts all the way through the door/patio floor.

I think 12 holes and a bit of sealant and you should be good to go. (Keep in mind the newer kits may be different, mine was installed in 2014)
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE