User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got lucky -- our home came with full hook-ups on our 30 X 50 patio. Just wish I knew where the sewer went to. It has never filled up and the inlet is on the edge of a 1,000 ft. cliff, which is the outer edge of our patio. I do not know who lives below us.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think as long as you had positive flow and the tank was working properly you would not have a problem putting in an inspection port. As long as it drained into the tank with no blockage from freezing. Just don't get carried away with flushing as the tank works best with lower flows.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few years ago I put in a separate septic system so we could dump our own RV and accommodate my brother, sister or daughter, whoever decided to visit. Recently my brother and his wife were hooked up briefly while on their way to another destination. Low and behold in the latest Village newsletter it had a reminder that it was against code to reside in an RV PERIOD. No matter that we live on over 3 acres in a small village (less than 1000 population) in a very rural area. It is lost on us what purpose this serves, other than eroding our freedoms.
    By the way, this is upstate NY where we pay exorbitant taxes only to have nonsense like this.
    2014 303 RLS
    2017 F450, Air suspension, Aluminum tow body, B&W hitch
    3rd family member - Labradoodle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just have to love the local law enforcement, why consider peoples freedom to exist. Please read again before you take this down for whatever reason you feel is right.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
    A few years ago I put in a separate septic system so we could dump our own RV and accommodate my brother, sister or daughter, whoever decided to visit. Recently my brother and his wife were hooked up briefly while on their way to another destination. Low and behold in the latest Village newsletter it had a reminder that it was against code to reside in an RV PERIOD. No matter that we live on over 3 acres in a small village (less than 1000 population) in a very rural area. It is lost on us what purpose this serves, other than eroding our freedoms.
    By the way, this is upstate NY where we pay exorbitant taxes only to have nonsense like this.
    How interesting. Sounds like you have a Gladys Kravitz (or two) in your neighborhood. Maybe you’re not “rural” enough, or “upstate” enough, because within a 20 mile radius of our property there have to be hundreds of TTs, in various states of use (or disuse). Our trailer spends April-October in our driveway, when we aren’t camping. Sometimes we hang out in it, or sleep in it. Then again, our house, yard, barn, and gardens are not wholly visible from the road.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are a bit below Ithaca, and plenty rural.
    And by the way, we have a ton of NY friends here in TN, most from around Cortland, some from other upstate areas.
    Last edited by Tom&Joan; 09-04-2019 at 07:09 PM.
    2014 303 RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
    We are a bit below Ithaca, and plenty rural.
    And by the way, we have a ton of NY friends here in TN, most from around Cortland, some from other upstate areas.
    That explains all. BTW, when Granny isn’t at home, she resides in a storage building in Newfield. You’ll know the one. Are the NY transplants all RVers, or do some own property in TN?
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    That explains all. BTW, when Granny isn’t at home, she resides in a storage building in Newfield. You’ll know the one. Are the NY transplants all RVers, or do some own property in TN?
    N
    Only one other couple are RVers. All own property in TN. We have been down here 5 years, others up to 15 years. Wish we had come earlier. Would have been money ahead. Our living expenses are only about 75% of NY's. Now if we could just sell our house up there...
    2014 303 RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a septic tank but, it goes from there to our lagoon. We live on a small cattle ranch so no permit was required. I just hooked into the tight line between the house and the septic. Put in two cleanout tees about a one and a half feet apart . I always dump the rv into the one closet to the septic just incase anything would clog I can run a snake in the one closer to the house. I have never needed it though in 30 years. Unless you are completely full it won't be over 60 gallons. I always try to dump the last overnight stop so there is little in any of the three tanks. It is mainly wash out that goes into my system. Never had a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Okay...that's what I thought you were getting at. I have a single, dual-compartment tank with the effluent pump in the second compartment. It's total capacity is 1000 gallons, but I cannot open the lids. The top of the tank is about 8" underground and the tank is made of cast concrete.

I guess I probably shouldn't do this. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    So I have a septic system as well. I just had mine pumped out after 5 years. Here is what I learned after that and asking specifically about dumping our RV into our septic system.
    For detail sake, I also have a 1500-gal concrete tank, with two plastic lids above the concrete lids. The plastic lids are fastened with 16 screws and once removed you’ll see the concrete lids that are about 85-100 # each. We just used a hoe handle with the blade of the hoe removed leaving a hook to grab the lid and lift it out.
    Our system does not have any kind of pump, just the dual compartment tank and inlet/outlets. When I looked inside ours, I saw that there was about a 16-18-inch head space between the top of the effluent and the concrete top.
    First, I was told it isn’t a problem if you are using non-chemical additives in your RV tank.
    Second, knowing how much your RV tanks hold will help you in that there is space in your septic tank, and you can control how much you let out of your RV at a time. For example, one tank at a time with a 20 min break before the next tank. This will allow your septic tank to still perform its job, but not overwhelm it.
    I have a “clean-out” behind my garage I use as well. However, to access it, I need quite a bit of sewer hose as I have a gentle slope, trees and soffit that prevent me from getting close.
    If you think about the system, it’s designed to flow all the water your house can at one time. So, all toilets, tubs, laundry and sinks draining at once. (I know it’ll never happen) but that’s how they are designed. (My uncle who is a plumber worked on the new Mile High stadium and said that was the standard they had to meet, every sink and toilet flushing at the same time) You are putting the same fluids/solids into your tank as your home does, but in a bolus (an amount all at once) kind of shot. Thus, spacing out your tank dumps will help.
    I simply dump my black tank one evening, then the next morning my grey tank. So far, it’s worked without any issues. Just thought I’d pass on what advice the guys who installed our septic system gave me. They also advised me to add a packet of yeast to the system quarterly to help the bacteria inside the septic tank, and to cut the use of anti-bacterial soaps… The last one is the hardest as my wife is in the medical profession and swears by it.
    Hope it helps and you are able to make this work for you. It can and does save time & $, especially when the lines at the dump stations are long. We went to Mueller State park a month ago and the line was over an hr wait to dump. Yeesh!
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast