User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others I have a clean out in the driveway for the sewer and have used it many times for cleaning out the tanks. Neighbor next door call ed the Health Dept. on me and they in turned call the county Sewer Dept. and we had a meeting at my house one day after a couple of letters were sent about stop doing this. They basically said if I don`t they will file a complaint in court against me. Something about the water i used to clean out the tanks was left over water from the campground and I had not paid water usage fees on it and in turned did not pay sewer usage fees on that water. County employees are idiots and really think they know what their talking about. Loves thy neighbor, yeh right.
    Last edited by bshgto; 09-13-2019 at 08:58 AM. Reason: sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    Like others I have a clean out in the driveway for the sewer and have used it many times for cleaning out the tanks. Neighbor next door call ed the Health Dept. on me and they in turned call the county Sewer Dept. and we had a meeting at my house one day after a couple of letters were sent about stop doing this. They basically said if I don`t they will file a complaint in court against me. Something about the water i used to clean out the tanks was left over water from the campground and I had not paid water usage fees on it and in turned did not pay sewer usage fees on that water. County employees are idiots and really think they know what their talking about. Loves thy neighbor, yeh right.
    What about the water you filled the tanks with before you left. The sewer usage fees were paid but the wastewater went to other places. Not all county employees are idiots but there are a few running around for sure.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

must be special

Quote Originally Posted by Bob/OlallaWA View Post
    What about the water you filled the tanks with before you left. The sewer usage fees were paid but the wastewater went to other places. Not all county employees are idiots but there are a few running around for sure.
    A whole lot more than a few, hires that are based on a diversity quota rather than the qualification or experience level for supervisors produces idiots and incompetent people that hires the same. This snow balls and you have this group of stupid people that run a county. 30 year business owner here and if an employee wasted his time which is ultimately wasting my time an MY money he would be fired for cracking down on some one for such a trivial issue. You know the saying , "time is Money" unless you work for the county, state. Federal people of which I had to deal with on a regular basis. Always a power play that over complicated everything, but save their retirement and that`s all their really worried about. And I don`t fill my water tank before I leave to go anywhere carrying the extra weight unless your going boondocking which I don`t do is stupid.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a good idea to dump into a septic tank. You are dumping too much at one time, which can overload it and send raw effluent down the drain field lines. Yea, that bad.

I had one at my previous house, but it was dumping into the city sewer line. That's fine to do from a technical standpoint, though your city sewer dept may not like it. Best to have it out of sight. LOL
    Last edited by hartcentr; 09-16-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like everyone else, spoiled as we have a full hook up where we park the fifth wheel. It's nice to have it. the short 3 to 5 day trips to the mountains etc. no need for dumping on the road, just come home, park it, flush and fill while she cleans out the inside. Septic systems, not sure of, just the overloading capacity or break down process, or upsetting the digestion process. sound like a lot of good info, my thought is to dump the black, then wait a while and dump the others, but then again, when you are in the house and washing dishes, someone goes to the bathroom and then take a shower, the septic system should be able to keep up. just a short shock and then back in normal operation.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Florida, most homes have a 3 or 4" PVC vertical clean out tube protruding just above the ground level, usually near a bathroom and usually in a hedge or group of bushes. In some
    cases they are found in not so sensical places but they are SOMEWHERE on your property. Purchase a Sewer Solution kit (any major RV place), pick up some lengths of 1 1/2" PVC per
    instructions at HD or Lowes, follow the simple directions, and you're in business! Works like a champ. Total expenditure about $100. Good Luck.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have built my own dump system using a 1 HP garbage disposal and a 1 hp pump and am using 3/4 PVC to the house. I need the pump to get up about 4 feet above grade to the line that I am using to get to the septic tank. I dump my black tank the night before I start my work cycles, so twice a week and takes 10 minutes at the most. Most of my gray goes to the pasture and the rest is used to back flush the black. We are in process to add a rental property with a RV shelter close by, so the septic system has been designed and will be installed as if the rental will have 2 more bedrooms to compensate for the RV. Again, the gray will mostly be diverted.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a modern septic system designed to accommodate a 4 bathroom home. No way dumping a holding tank will overwhelm such a design, but this PE won't spar on that here. However, I will share my advise because I do dump at home in it. The majority of camping folks use our tanks as designed, which are as holding tanks.

The off-the-shelf chemicals are what you have to watch out for because they can negatively affect the environment in your home septic. So, READ the labels and choose wisely or your convenience will come at a large price to pump your septic! I prefer to use nothing in my holding tanks that you won't find in a household.

Also, TP matters! Scotts is the best choice, IMO, for septic health and holding tanks. Septic cleaning companies love the fluffy quilted TP users - ask one!

Finally, if you're not in a gravity flow situation where your camper is parked to where you can discharge into, you're going to need something to push. In my case, I need to push across the driveway to where the clean out is. Previous camper, that was 41 feet and 14" rise. I used an inexpensive Sewer Solution with PVC pipe extensions without a hitch. The new 3350RL now makes that path 52 feet and no change in rise. No sure the Sewer Solution will work, but I also can dial up the pressure on the faucet feeding it. Though I've been thinking of a Sani-Con upgrade... Anyway, I think macerated waste going into the home septic is also a better idea.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    We like everyone else, spoiled as we have a full hook up where we park the fifth wheel... no need for dumping on the road
    Hmmm...some might frown on this option.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would never dump at home, might over stress the drain field and cause a temporary leak, but I do have my rv setup attached to my sewer tank. I think of it as an additional bathroom. Guests can stay there. lol.
    Retired Army Aviator - Wife, soon to be retired court reporter
    2020 297RSTS with dual batteries, looking at solar.
    2020 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 1500 (Yeah, it's small, but it's working
    Have dogs, will travel... Coonhound and yellow lab mix.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast