User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    our sewer clean out trap is in the driveway next to the trailer.

Interesting. When I was growing up down South (in North Carolina), my dad did the same thing with the external sewer clean out. I had big plans to do the same thing in Minnesota when I bought my first RV. But here in Minnesota, they don't have exposed clean outs -- at least on new construction since around 2005. Someone told me it was because of the cold winters. But Michigan gets just as cold as Minnesota in the winter. Wonder what the difference is?
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Septic tank set ups vary but for mine I have three tanks that cascade into each other gradually separating the solids from liquids. after the 3rd tank there is an ejector that pumps the effluent water to my septic mound that absorbs the liquid into the ground. Systems like this were never designed to accept 100 + gallons in a short period of time, hence the comment making sure you have room.

I just crack the cover on the tank and make sure that its not going to overfill the first compartment of my septic system so my pump can keep up, that's all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip31MB View Post
    Septic tank set ups vary but for mine I have three tanks that cascade into each other gradually separating the solids from liquids. after the 3rd tank there is an ejector that pumps the effluent water to my septic mound that absorbs the liquid into the ground. Systems like this were never designed to accept 100 + gallons in a short period of time, hence the comment making sure you have room.

I just crack the cover on the tank and make sure that its not going to overfill the first compartment of my septic system so my pump can keep up, that's all
    Okay...that's what I thought you were getting at. I have a single, dual-compartment tank with the effluent pump in the second compartment. It's total capacity is 1000 gallons, but I cannot open the lids. The top of the tank is about 8" underground and the tank is made of cast concrete.

I guess I probably shouldn't do this. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are just finishing ip our rv barn build along with septic for future home. We also built in full hookups including sewer port for rv inside the barn but the key if anyone asks is it is a “clean out port” not an rv dump. We avoid chemicals in our rig but use happy campers with good luck. I believe this is more of an enzyme biodegradable product without formaldehyde or other harmful chemicals. We were lucky that we built in sandy/loamy soil that percolated very well and only needed a conventional system (went with large 2000gal tank)
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love having a home dump station. If possible, I try to thoroughly clean the tanks at the campground but that doesn't always work out. Many years ago, I purchased this:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-SS01...8-2&th=1&psc=1

I ran 1" PVC from the driveway down to my septic tank. I simply drilled a hole just below the access cover and popped the 1" pipe through the side wall. I used expanding foam to seal around the penetration. I have been using my system for years and it has worked flawlessly.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Roadtrip31mb mentioned making sure I had enough space before using it. I know I have a 1000 gallon tank, but not sure what I would check.

You mean space in the tank to dump, or space in the plumbing to fit a clean out?

What you bring home in the black and gray tanks wouldn’t be anymore than what would have gone in the septic if you had been home.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    You mean space in the tank to dump, or space in the plumbing to fit a clean out?

What you bring home in the black and gray tanks wouldn’t be anymore than what would have gone in the septic if you had been home.
    At home, it isn't all getting dumped all at one time. Either way, I can't imaging a home septic system so small that it can't handle the quantities contained in our RV holding tanks
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put in a line behind my garage to my septic system. I use HappyCamper, and have for many years without a problem
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Tell me about it.

I have a septic system and am considering it.

I picked up a Flojet Macerating Pump, a 3/4" dedicated hose and replaced the house main clean-out cap (located in the adjacent garage) with some fittings from Home Depot. The new cap now has a female hose connector. Works great.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    Interesting. When I was growing up down South (in North Carolina), my dad did the same thing with the external sewer clean out. I had big plans to do the same thing in Minnesota when I bought my first RV. But here in Minnesota, they don't have exposed clean outs -- at least on new construction since around 2005. Someone told me it was because of the cold winters. But Michigan gets just as cold as Minnesota in the winter. Wonder what the difference is?
    Our home was built in the early 20s, they likely did not even think about permafrost heaving the pipes back then. Been here for many years and there has not been any problems, Check your city codes, maybe you can discretely expose the top and use it as needed.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast