User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Excel Log Book

Well I was a little apprehensive about posting this but here it is. It's an Excel spread sheet that will print reports and your daily trip logs. The Master sheet in the spread sheet is for printing and writing on as your driving it does not link to any sheets. The only place you enter data is in the Day 1 to Day 50 spread sheets. The data that you enter will be collected on the RV expenses, Campground and Vehicle expense and travel. You can make notes around the edge of any of the spread sheets as only the area inside the document box will print. I've put notes on the spread sheets that should help and I have put data in the Day 1 to Day 4 sheets. I left this data in the spread sheet so you can see how the report sheets fill with data. You can erase the data and start over. I would suggest if your going to use this file to make a copy of the original and save it to use after you have filled 50 days of travels.

I wrote a lot of spreadsheets over the years teaching at a college in Toronto but I've been retired for almost 6 years. While this is my first RV Log spreadsheet it probably won't be the last and I'm sure that there will be many suggestions from people on this board both good and bad about my file. If you have a suggestion please let me know, I'm always open to updating or fixing something. When I asked what people use a few weeks ago some said they used Excel but other said they stopped using Excel because of the cost. There is a program that you can download called Open Office, it has all the programs the Microsoft Office does but it's free, yes free it's an open source code program that does what Microsoft office does.

Ken
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ken- I love it! I have a few Excel spread sheets used for tracking/planning RV travel and camping related information. I saved a copy of yours and will dive into it when I have a chance. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work! Thanks for sharing!
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT 1500, CrewCab, 5.3L, 2wd.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about building something, but now you've saved me the work. Very nice detail. I like it!!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great spreadsheet Ken, I like the way your tabs accumulate to the vehicle expense sheet.

If we're really getting into the weeds, I would modify that sheet because RV miles don't always equal truck miles, especially in AK where we did a lot of sightseeing, ~ 12% more as you can see in the attachment.
    2018 Alaska trip.xlsx

PS Switched to MacBook last year, am I ever glad there's an Apple version of Excel!

Thanks,
    John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    2018 Imagine 2150RB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The program “Open Office” - is that available at the App Store? Where did you get it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth & Moe View Post
    The program “Open Office” - is that available at the App Store? Where did you get it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can download it from their web site.
    https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Also WPS Office in the Android play store is a very good app for Word, Excel and other office programs.
    Ken

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iproff1; 09-09-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    Well I was a little apprehensive about posting this but here it is. It's an Excel spread sheet that will print reports and your daily trip logs. The Master sheet in the spread sheet is for printing and writing on as your driving it does not link to any sheets. The only place you enter data is in the Day 1 to Day 50 spread sheets. The data that you enter will be collected on the RV expenses, Campground and Vehicle expense and travel. You can make notes around the edge of any of the spread sheets as only the area inside the document box will print. I've put notes on the spread sheets that should help and I have put data in the Day 1 to Day 4 sheets. I left this data in the spread sheet so you can see how the report sheets fill with data. You can erase the data and start over. I would suggest if your going to use this file to make a copy of the original and save it to use after you have filled 50 days of travels.

I wrote a lot of spreadsheets over the years teaching at a college in Toronto but I've been retired for almost 6 years. While this is my first RV Log spreadsheet it probably won't be the last and I'm sure that there will be many suggestions from people on this board both good and bad about my file. If you have a suggestion please let me know, I'm always open to updating or fixing something. When I asked what people use a few weeks ago some said they used Excel but other said they stopped using Excel because of the cost. There is a program that you can download called Open Office, it has all the programs the Microsoft Office does but it's free, yes free it's an open source code program that does what Microsoft office does.

Ken
    Hi Ken
    Thanks very much for doing this up. Will you be attending the 2020 Canadian Grand Design Rally at the KOA in Craighurst next year?
    Jim & Therese White...and Ginger too
    2018 F350DRW 6.7l Lariat CC
    2020 Solitude 375-RES
    Retired Royal Canadian Navy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post

Ken
    Thanks for sharing. I'm big into excel spreadsheets. This is great!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast