User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trading for a Reflection 320RKS this week...question about bed slide

We will be moving to the 320RKS after considering it for about 6 months. We may get a sleep number king mattress and wondered about plugging it in. I guess the compressor can go under the bed but I think I’ll have to drill a hole in the bed frame to access the receptacle to the bathroom side of the bed.
    Also, I have a small CPAP machine and as we will be using a king mattress the small shelves will be removed. They’re a joke anyway. Anyone out there have a solution as to how to place the cpap? I think a small 10 inch or so nightstand may fit between the mattress and the bathroom wall.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 320MKS, is that what you're asking about?

While the king sized bed and the plywood it rests upon will pretty much fill the slide, the frame on which the plywood platform rests does not. There's a fair bit of space - I'd guess 6" or so - inside the slide and under the mattress platform, between the slide wall and the side of the frame.

Our 310GK is very similar. I've had two different CPAPs in that space, no problem, although mine are auto-on, auto-off so I don't need to reach them to control them. Your Sleep Number compressor might fit into that space as well but if not, yeah, dead-easy to drill through the side of the main frame of the bed to run a power cord out to the wall.

Of course when operating the slide its safest to have nothing that's in the slide plugged into the wall.

Good luck with your choices.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    We had a 320MKS, is that what you're asking about?

While the king sized bed and the plywood it rests upon will pretty much fill the slide, the frame on which the plywood platform rests does not. There's a fair bit of space - I'd guess 6" or so - inside the slide and under the mattress platform, between the slide wall and the side of the frame.

Our 310GK is very similar. I've had two different CPAPs in that space, no problem, although mine are auto-on, auto-off so I don't need to reach them to control them. Your Sleep Number compressor might fit into that space as well but if not, yeah, dead-easy to drill through the side of the main frame of the bed to run a power cord out to the wall.

Of course when operating the slide its safest to have nothing that's in the slide plugged into the wall.

Good luck with your choices.
    Thank you. So excited to pick her up tomorrow!
    (James Taylor)

2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well signed the paperwork today but won’t be able to pick her up until next Friday since I’m adding some things including slide toppers. But she’s ours. Dang I love that floor plan! We got a great deal since they were blowing out the 2019s. And I did order the sleep number bed RV king with the radius edges. It will fit. Funny thing is that the Sleep Number store wanted $2K for the bed and Camping World wanted $1499. I don’t usually like doing business with CW but I’ll take that $500 in savings.
    (James Taylor)

2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cappy,
    Just an off topic question but I own one of the original 307 MKS built bbn in 2017.

No bed slide, 32' 6" long, a pin wt of 1605 lbs and GVW of 9,860 lbs.
    I bought it bc of heavier build compared to 303 RLS and the lighter weight.
    I was surprised to find a rear gray dump , and always planned on running a new sewer line to mate with the center station outlet.
    I just connect one sewer line and switch it over to dump the sink gray w/o running a seperate Y-fitting and another sewer line.
    Only downside to this floorplan.
    Do the new ones also have the rear sink gray dump ??

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a rear tube separate from the others with it’s own dump handle. I was wondering what it was for. I will pick up the camper this Friday and do the PDI then. I thought it may be for a washer & drier set up. If it is just for the kitchen sink that will be a pain. A “Y” would be a must. I’ll ask them Friday. Thanks.
    (James Taylor)

2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Luck with that.

It appears I'll have to start my re-design plans to extend that line over the axles and connect it to the main sewer drain with a
    sanitary Y adapter.
    I thought GD might've re-designed that goof in the newer builds ??

Plenty of trailers have rear kitchens and have a single drain at one location.
    Not such a big PIA... as it's easy enough to just disconnect from main line, pull it back connect and dump kitchen sink water when needed. On longer stays, it pays just to connect the 2 sewer lines to dump Y.

STILL....would be much easier with a single dump location, even if drain valve handle stayed at the rear.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Skippy View Post
    There is a rear tube separate from the others with it’s own dump handle. I was wondering what it was for. I will pick up the camper this Friday and do the PDI then. I thought it may be for a washer & drier set up. If it is just for the kitchen sink that will be a pain. A “Y” would be a must. I’ll ask them Friday. Thanks.
    It is for the kitchen sink.

I wasn't as smart as @Da Breeze to just move a single hose from one dump outlet to the other... I spent frustrating minutes at some sites setting up two 15' hoses joined with a Y-connector near the sewer

Having the two outlets is certainly an unattractive feature of the 320MKS. OTOH, our single-outlet 310GK traps up to 1/2 gallon of sewage somewhere AFTER the tank valves and it drains to the outlet cap only when the trailer is moved down the road. A messy treat waits for the next time the outlet cap is removed. Our 320MKS didn't do this - it drained properly.
    Last edited by boyscout; 09-09-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

[QUOTE=boyscout;256201]It is for the kitchen sink.

I wasn't as smart as @Da Breeze to just move a single hose from one dump outlet to the other....

Hey Boy Scout !!
    I was an Eagle scout myself.... but I'm certainly not all that smart...
    I'm just too lazy to hook up both sewer lines !!!

But....an ol timer did once tell me that.....

" The lazy man is the smarter man, because he always finds the easiest way to do something "

Michael

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Reflection 303RLS would also surprise you with some mystery sewage when you pulled the cap off. Disgusting! I put a Valtera cutoff in place of the cap to catch this. On the 320, I’m planning on using a wye and a second hose when possible. The thought of pulling off the drain hose and moving it to dump just doesn’t sound fun...or sanitary. I guess you’d have to dump the black tank first, then the bathroom tank then the kitchen sink tank to be able to flush the drain hose properly. Between this of course would be the black tank flush.
    (James Taylor)

2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast