User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Skippy View Post
    My Reflection 303RLS would also surprise you with some mystery sewage when you pulled the cap off. Disgusting! I put a Valtera cutoff in place of the cap to catch this. On the 320, I’m planning on using a wye and a second hose when possible. The thought of pulling off the drain hose and moving it to dump just doesn’t sound fun...or sanitary. I guess you’d have to dump the black tank first, then the bathroom tank then the kitchen sink tank to be able to flush the drain hose properly. Between this of course would be the black tank flush.
    That's the order I dumped my tanks on the previous 2 trailers that had rear kitchens.
    Black tank, then flush. Bathroom gray tank. Then move the hose to the kitchen tank drain.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Reflection 303RLS would also surprise you with some mystery sewage when you pulled the cap off. Disgusting! I put a Valtera cutoff in place of the cap to catch this. On the 320, I’m planning on using a wye and a second hose when possible. The thought of pulling off the drain hose and moving it to dump just doesn’t sound fun...or sanitary. I guess you’d have to dump the black tank first, then the bathroom tank then the kitchen sink tank to be able to flush the drain hose properly. Between this of course would be the black tank flush.
    Hey Cap,
    The Valterra valve IS A MUST on these units. I also use a clear 90° elbow to verify clean black tank flushings.
    My dump order when leaving is.... of course , black, gray, rinse.. then kitchen.
    However, you'll find the 34 gal kit tank fills up waaaay before the black or bath gray tanks do, hence our mid-dump routine eliminating the set-up of 2 dump hoses.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the 320, I’m planning on using a wye and a second hose when possible. The thought of pulling off the drain hose and moving it to dump just doesn’t sound fun...or sanitary. I guess you’d have to dump the black tank first, then the bathroom tank then the kitchen sink tank to be able to flush the drain hose properly. Between this of course would be the black tank flush.

Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    That's the order I dumped my tanks on the previous 2 trailers that had rear kitchens. Black tank, then flush. Bathroom gray tank. Then move the hose to the kitchen tank drain.
    Yup, me too. However to dispel any notion that the bathroom gray tank is clean water, I was deliberately filling ours with a hose in the shower a while ago. When it got - I guess - close to full there was for some reason a loud belch from the bathroom sink and OMG the stink that quickly filled the trailer was something that could be weaponized.

Especially with the Valterra shut-off valve installed at the outlet cap, after the trickling has stopped one can remove the dump hose carefully, keeping the end high and lifting it higher as you move it, and avoid splashing oneself with nasty stuff. Y'all ARE wearing gloves, right?!!!

@Captain Skippy, you may find that setting up and taking down that double-hose 'Y' arrangement and its associated parts will get old after a while. It did for me.
    Last edited by boyscout; 09-12-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Fellow boater. Live on a houseboat in the summer and a 313RTLS in SD in the winter .
    I did this last year and found I had to remove the pedestal to install the adjustable bed frame. I had to also get a hold of the manufacturer to get the wheels for the frame you don’t want the foot of the bed sliding you wanted to roll. I installed my CPAP in the closet. Removing the pedestal was a pain and I had to use a combination of 8 inch and 10 inch wheels to adjust for the height of the slide and the floor. Not sure if your floorplan is like mine. But be careful that the bedframe doesn’t slide into the dresser. I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12