User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Cap Screws Snapped

I recently noticed a gap between the front cap and the panel near the pinbox of our 2020 3740BH. It looks like the screws under the trim piece just snapped off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190903_141544.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	22360

Name:	20190903_141512.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	22361

Name:	20190903_140329.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	22362

Anyone else experienced anything like this? Debating between attempting self repair or slapping some eternabond on there until I can get it in for warranty repair.

Anyone know what kind of screws and sealant is used on that seam?

-Kory

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are self tapping screws probably hex head. They were overtorqued when installed if the heads are snapped off. Can you see the heads on any others? If you can, get a pair of channel locks or vise grip in there and back it out. I wouldn't try too hard if you think you are going to damage the finish on the cap or aluminum sheet.
    I had five out of six of them snapped that held up the gas line on the passenger side.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2018 Imagine 2500RL the screws (2 of them) snapped off on the front cap trim piece. I noticed when I brought it home from storage the gap in the trim piece. I was able to drill it out and replace. Cleaned and re-caulked the trim piece.
    Jim & Kathy
    Gracie, our 14 year old Rescued Beagle, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with her big sister Bailey
    Suzy our 8 year old rescued Beagle
    2019 2500RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to pull the rubber trim piece back, remove and/or drill out the broken screws and replaced with (what I hope) are less brittle screws. Finished it up by resealing with OSI Quad Max as that's the best I could do for now while on the road.

Thanks to you both for the info!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 6 months after we purchased our 2017 Reflection 303rls I found maybe 6-7 screws snapped off. Most were on the dining slide. I’m picking up our new 2019 320MKS this Friday and I’m going to give them a good look in my PDI. The dealer did repair the ones on the 303.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine were also snapped in the area you posted. Was able to vice grip them out and drill in new screws. I had a few snap while trying to put them in so I started to pre drill the holes.
    2015 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab Short Bed
    2019 Solitude 3350RL

Me, my wife (early 30’s), a dog, and a cat.
    Instagram: StillCamping