User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 399TH - 2019 to 2020 Differences

Aloha!

Since my 2019 Momentum 399TH was totaled in mid-July, the insurance company is replacing it with a new 2020 Momentum 399TH, so obviously I was anxious to know what has changed between the 2019-2020 models. Below is a list I received from the GD Rep and I thought I would share it with everyone so we can compare notes:

• The garage AC has been upgraded from 13,500 to 15,000 and all three ACs will run off the generator or the 50amp.
    • New Sliding 3 Season patio doors / no longer plastic with velcro
    • Rockford Fosgate radio deck / replacing crap Jensen radio deck
    • Heat pump / wasn't available in 2019 model
    • Cell Connectivity option to manage HVAC
    • New cabinetry, more counterspace, new fireplace, new surround fireplace, etc…

I take delivery of my new 2020 Momentum 399TH in mid-October and will report back any additions/changes. If there is enough interest, I’ll post a video overview of the changes. If you know of a difference between the 2019-2020 models, please post them here!

Mahalo, Garo
    - - - - -
    2019 Momentum 399TH Blue/Silver
    2018 RAM 3500 DRW Laramie

Toys
    2018 Polaris RZR Dynamix Turbo
    2018 CRF450RX
    2018 YZ450FX
    2016 YZ250

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bummer about the total, but I hope you're happy with the changes and see it as getting a little upgrade. Hopefully insurance is taking good care of you so it's not too painful.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    That's a bummer about the total, but I hope you're happy with the changes and see it as getting a little upgrade. Hopefully insurance is taking good care of you so it's not too painful.
    Mahalo! It was a terrible experience and I would much rather it not have happened, but I had the right insurance policies to make me whole and get me back on the road.
    - - - - -
    2019 Momentum 399TH Blue/Silver
    2018 RAM 3500 DRW Laramie

Toys
    2018 Polaris RZR Dynamix Turbo
    2018 CRF450RX
    2018 YZ450FX
    2016 YZ250

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a new 2020 398M and the Rockford fosgate option is accessories, amps subs and speakers only, still have the dreadful Jensen deck.

I understood the garage AC is 13.500 BTU but now I don't know. All 3 run excellent on 50 AMP or the generator. Maybe that's what you meant.

The Sat TV conduit is still useless, dealers still have to snake the cables through the roof, walls and cabinets. skipping the pre set conduit entirely.
    They complain to GD but like so many other issues, falls on deaf ears.

Haven't figured out how to connect the cell phone to the trailer operation. Downloaded the app, but so far can't figure it out. Dealer has no clue either. Once they got the check they were done with me.

If you don't order the patio option they still insist you pay $500 for the ridiculous, clunky telephone booth style glass doors at the loading ramp entrance. So, the 101 inch wide entrance they brag about suddenly is 94".
    They'll spring that mistake on you after they get the deposit and order the unit. Our phone call from hell concerning this came 2 weeks after we ordered it. If you have off set wheels on your OHV vehicle you may not clear the entrance.
    Word is getting around the Off Road forums and it's going to cost GD some serious sales numbers. Buyers hate it, GD doesn't want to hear it.

Tie downs are way to far out - too close to the bulkhead. Can't use the over the wheel securing straps:

We also have a heartland TH where they accommodate the over the wheel straps:

Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 09-09-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive Bar Casanova View Post
    I have a new 2020 398M and the Rockford fosgate option is accessories, amps subs and speakers only, still have the dreadful Jensen deck.

I understood the garage AC is 13.500 BTU but now I don't know. All 3 run excellent on 50 AMP or the generator. Maybe that's what you meant.

The Sat TV conduit is still useless, dealers still have to snake the cables through the roof, walls and cabinets. skipping the pre set conduit entirely.
    They complain to GD but like so many other issues, falls on deaf ears.

Haven't figured out how to connect the cell phone to the trailer operation. Downloaded the app, but so far can't figure it out. Dealer has no clue either. Once they got the check they were done with me.

If you don't order the patio option they still insist you pay $500 for the ridiculous, clunky telephone booth style glass doors at the loading ramp entrance. So, the 101 inch wide entrance they brag about suddenly is 94".
    They'll spring that mistake on you after they get the deposit and order the unit. Our phone call from hell concerning this came 2 weeks after we ordered it. If you have off set wheels on your OHV vehicle you may not clear the entrance.
    Word is getting around the Off Road forums and it's going to cost GD some serious sales numbers. Buyers hate it, GD doesn't want to hear it.

Tie downs are way to far out - too close to the bulkhead. Can't use the over the wheel securing straps:

We also have a heartland TH where they accommodate the over the wheel straps:
    The 3rd A/C when ordered is in fact a 15k unit.

The "telephone booth" doors are an option. The pull down screen is even an option. If you ordered your unit, then the dealer suckered you in to it. If you bought it off the lot, the dealer ordered it with that option (as a lot of them do).

It's not a conduit from the roof, it's a chase. A simple glow rod with extensions makes it easy. Right tool for the job.

2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    The 3rd A/C when ordered is in fact a 15k unit.

The "telephone booth" doors are an option. The pull down screen is even an option. If you ordered your unit, then the dealer suckered you in to it. If you bought it off the lot, the dealer ordered it with that option (as a lot of them do).

It's not a conduit from the roof, it's a chase. A simple glow rod with extensions makes it easy. Right tool for the job.
    Nope, this was my experience last month:
    The telephone booth doors were a mandatory option when I ordered it. Factory called the dealer and demanded it. No one was suckered Bozo.
    Cost me $500 and they wouldn't hear otherwise. Pay it or cancel the deal.
    The conduit on the roof is located on the opposite side the dish sits on. On the 398M it's useless and a new pathway had to be made.
    I hope the AC is a 15.000. Next time I'm on the roof I'll check.
    On a 103F day the AC on the 398 M is the best we've ever experienced.
    I digress.
    Where the ignore feature?
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 09-10-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What dish?

2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2020 349M also still has the Jensen unit--have already been looking for something better to replace it with if anyone finds a better option. I ordered the third AC and it was a 15K unit. I have a smaller UTV and wanted the patio doors but it's surprising they didn't let you option those. Agree the tie-downs are not optimally located. Would probably be better if they went with a rail system.

I'll get to enjoy the chase wiring game soon and hope it's usable to the storage bay location marked.

2020 Grand Design Momentum 349M, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Goodyear G114 17.5" Tires, 1280W Solar w/600AH Battle Born Batteries
    2019 Ford F350 Platinum
    2014 Polaris UTV
    USAF Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 399th and I installed my Winegard Satellite dish. I did not experience any issues routing my cables through the factory conduit. In my experience it was a fairly simple install, and took about 2.5 hours only because I wanted everything neat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dive bar Casanova, do you have the rear half bathroom? I have a 398 on order, saw some pics with the new half bath and don’t see any washer dryer prep package in the garage.... thanks.