User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, i ended up using a random orbital palm sander. Started with a 60 grit to clean it up, and finished with a 220 grit. Wiped everything with a tack cloth, then stained. Followed with three coats of poly, hand sanding lightly then wiping with tack cloth after each coat.

Table came out great; worst part of the job was cleaning up; the palm sander kicked a lot of dust; and the dust goes everywhere. In hindsight, I would look at taking the table top off to do this.

The hutch top is another story, the top has now split, so I need to do a total replacement here.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was noticing scratches in the table top where the grand daughter and I play Dominos and Jenga. I removed the table and relocated to the driveway where I lightly sanded then added a couple coats of clear poly. The table is holding up well, although it is a little more shiny than the cabinets now. I used the semi-gloss but probably should have gone with satin.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Refinished the table top in our 382WB after one of our Aussies decided to jump on it. Had some pretty good scratches in it. I was so pleased to find out that it was solid wood. Otherwise I'd have definitely sanded through the veneer to remove the gouges.

I removed the table and worked on it in the garage. I used a small sander with 80, 150, 220 grit paper. Then stained with Minwax Jacobean stain and finally cleared with Minwax polyurethane. Everything went great but I was using a brush and getting the clear to level out was a bit challenging. To be fair, it was a can I had from another project. I eventually thinned it a bit and after that it leveled out good.
    Last edited by rdhouston; 11-12-2021 at 08:37 AM. Reason: update photo link
    Roy & Kim Houston Edmond, OK
    2020 F350 SD CC Dually
    2020 Solitude 382WB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12