User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have done the Natchez Trace twice. Stayed at Jeff Busby on one trip. Natchez Trace State Park, Tombigbee State Park near Tupelo, Timberlake Campground near the reservoir in Jackson, and Montgomery Bell State Park. We had a 40' 5th wheel. A little tight in the campgrounds but we did ok. No problems at the numerous historic stops. There is no fuel on the trace itself so you will need to plan your fuel stops.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bamaman, we're hoping to catch the leaves as we work our way south - we'll be starting up by Kentucky.

D2Reid, thanks for the info on the campgrounds, good to know we can get in them. Not too worried about fuel since we have just over 70 gal when full but I will make sure we're topped off before we start down the trace.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This stop is very unusual, but it is quite interesting. When Fran and I stopped (Oct '17) Mr. Hendrix was out greeting the visitors. He's a remarkable individual with a fascinating story.

It will be very tight parking with your rig if you attempt to park anywhere near his place. If you're going to stop I suggest doing it without the 5vr attached.

https://www.natcheztracetravel.com/n...tone-wall.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tom Hendrix 2017.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	22531
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howson, Thanks for the tip, we love to find those unique and out-of-the-way places. I see the BONE in your avatar, I was on the B1 test team from '84 to '90 working on the AN/ALQ-161. Flew chase on a fair number of test missions and always liked the view from rear when the B1 would light up the afterburners.
    Steve and Peggy
    2016 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTN View Post
    Howson, Thanks for the tip, we love to find those unique and out-of-the-way places. I see the BONE in your avatar, I was on the B1 test team from '84 to '90 working on the AN/ALQ-161. Flew chase on a fair number of test missions and always liked the view from rear when the B1 would light up the afterburners.
    I was an OAS maintainer on the BONE and (eventually) a Pro Super. I bet we could talk CITS, EMUX and a whole host of other acronyms all day long. "Your" Band 8 sure cost me a lot of NMC time. (!)

Since you're the OP I guess I don't have to apologize for the OT response.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we'll cross paths one day, it would be fun to swap stories. I started out as an egress tech on F4s among others; the AF sent me to school, best deal ever.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Steve and Peggy
    2016 Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I have been on the Natchez Trace twice and will go again we loved it but we stayed in motels because we were on motorcycles well worth the trip

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cannot emphasize too strongly...watch out for the cyclists. And I second the recommendation of catching breakfast (have to try the biscuits) at the Lovelace Cafe at the Northern entrance to the Trace at Tennessee Highway 100.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traveled the entire 444 miles of the Natchez Trace in Feb/March of 2019 with my Reflection 303. It was a wonderful trip. There were just a couple of pull out/overlooks that were NOT RV friendly. All were clearly marked except one (sorry..didn’t make note of which one). With the exception of the section from Hendersonville to Asheville because of the very low bridges, I also completed the Blue Ridge Parkway with the same RV. Found this road much more difficult because of the heavy traffic, no shoulders, overhanging/protruding rock shelfs, etc. If you drove this, Natchez Trace will be easy for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did the Natchez Trace in the Spring of 2019 we were hoping to do the entire route. We were able to get a map of the route and found outside the Natchez there is a bridge with a low clearance so we started the trip North of Natchez. Nice ride, but we had to be careful for some tree limbs in the spring. As semi are not allowed on the road, they don't clear the branches so there were a few places we drove down the center of the road or had to slow down to a snail pace as not to do any damage in other others. Keep an eye out for deer and turtles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast