User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tow 17MXE with Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Would it be crazy to pull my 17MXE for short trips with no interstates or mountains using my 2015 Wrangler Rubicon with brake hookup and WD hitch.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, with an average DRY weight of 4500lbs, and a Wrangler max tow of 3500lbs, what do you think?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I pulled a Jayco 17Z with my Wrangler Rubicon, did “OK’ until we hit steep hills and mountains, then it could just barely do the speed limit. I once took it from Toronto to Myrtle Beach through the mountains, that was fun lol! The Rubicon is geared to pull a house off its foundations but struggled up hills. Note this is not the same trailer you posted. Mine was 3500 gross weight, so if that weight above is correct, I’d follow Steve’s advice.

One interesting note about the unlimited, they are actually rated at 4400 lbs everywhere else in the world. It’s only the USA (and Canada following suit) that rates them at 3500. They classify the vehicle as a convertible and derate the towing. So I was never worried pulling close or at the 3500 limit here.

Get a cheap 1500 truck for towing (or rent one)... if you have enough cash, go straight to a 3500 or 2500. Trailers are like underwear, we change them pretty regularly lol! (I’m already on my third).

Cheers
    TIm
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	512px-strongmanchampionsleagueingibraltar06.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	22391

Just buy a harness and leave the Jeep in the driveway, eazy-peazy!
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...editprofilepic
    2019 Grand Design 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 I6 Cummins Diesel
    Tottenham, ON Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son is struggling with this now. The 350lb hitch limit is a problem. I think he is going to buy a Coachmen Apex Nano. We have looked at about every single axle trailer on the market and this looks the nicest. Many are very cheap looking.
    BTW, I messaged GD about the possibility of them making a single axle . They said they have no plans to do so at this time.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni