Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace won't stay lit

I have a 2015 317RLTS 5th wheel and the furnace won't stay lit. It will light, run for a few seconds with propane and then try to relight several times and shut off. Has anyone else had this issue?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried bleeding the line out by using the stove burner? Are you positive your propane tanks are full? Any issue with the fridge running on propane mode? If the fridge has issues too it could be a bad regulator. If none of that applies, could be a faulty limit or sail switch, whichever one sense air flow would be my guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Everything else works fine. I'll check the switches.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if it is an exhaust issue, like mud dobbers nesting in the exhaust. It may be shutting off due to overheating. Sorry, just a thought.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked the exhaust as well. Luckily I won't really be needing it anytime soon. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I had one of my LP tanks filled and then my furnace wouldn't work with the same symptoms you described. Water heater and stove top worked fine. After moving locations the furnace began to work fine again. I figured I had an air bubble in the line someplace that may have worked itself out. Now I make sure I switch over the valve between tanks before disconnecting the one I am going to have filled. I'm not sure how to get an air bubble out except maybe taking the gas pipe loose at the furnace. I think I'd try driving it 30 or 40 miles first.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I will be on the road soon so maybe that will help.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have a 2015 with the Atwood A/C, thermostat and furnace, so, assuming you may have the same trio in your 2015 I just learned something at the rally.

My furnace hasn't worked in over a year. It sounds like we have the same symptoms. You have propane as it actually lights but it won't stay lit. Correct?

Well, I had this issue on the list of needed repairs at the rally and a couple of technicians came by to check it and they cut 2 blue wires on the right side which go to the thermostat and then twisted the 2 wires from the furnace essentially bypassing the thermostat and it fired right up and ran fine. They explained that for some reason they have been seeing these furnaces having failures to communicate properly with the thermostat. Their solution is to install a new thermostat JUST for the furnace. I will now have the original thermostat to continue to operate the A/C and, right beside it, a new thermostat for the furnace.

I haven't seen it yet as it's in the service center for that and some other repairs but I thought I would pass it along.

Seems to me it would be worth trying to bypass the thermostat and see if it works, if it does, it should be easy enough to install a new one yourself.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information.

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI and may not be your issue but:
    Mine quit after re filling the Propane bottles.
    I vented the supply bottle off for about a minute, nothing, then vented the bottle again for about 20 seconds and then the gas flowed to the furnace
    The newer bottles (tanks) can be over filled and it makes them fussy and not want to work.
    Take it to the dealer if you can't see a simple fix. Several safeties lock them out and that would be safest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast