User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 Silverado towing a 2800BH

2 legs of our 1st trip are complete . 1st order of business was to get it weighed. I was suprised at the numbers as I expected to be closer to max gross then I was. I left the sheets at home but can tell you the trucks weight (alone) was 5400# with gas and payload and 6180# connected to the trailer. The empty weight of the trailer is listed at 6600# and operating weight was aprox 7300# . Two numbers confused me. 3rd axle weight was was 6600 when it was weighed (loaded up) from what I can tell, my truck absorbed 7 to 800# of the trailer weight, is that a safe assumption? I think it confused me because the trailers payload happens to be about the same as the tongue weight. The GCVW came out at aprox 13200# (15000 is max). The closest number I had was the trucks max payload which was about 250# under gross. I have at least 800# to go on the trailers pax payload and gross weight.

My old hi-bred trailer towed pretty good but was susceptible to turbulence behind certain trucks. Empty car carriers were the worse. Towing this trailer was actually easier even though its 2000 lbs heavier and almost 6 feet longer.

At any rate, am I reading these numbers correctly? I wish I had a copy of the weights to give you exact numbers.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Oh, and proof reading is not my forte
    Subbury, Ohio
    Imagine 2800bh
    2019 Silverado 1500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be a good idea to weigh your TV unhitched from the TT. I was fortunate to find a CAT scale that wasn't busy...so, I first weighed hooked up and then positioned the trailer on the third scale and disconnected. This re-weigh provided my TV axle weights without the trailer load as well as the total trailer on the third scale. This BASE allows you to know the true effect of the weight distribution hitch on both the front and rear TV axles. Just do the math for each axle weight to find the differences.

It's pretty easy to use a CAT scale with their smart phone application. You can also retrieve the hard copy from the counter.
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB
    Maxxis M8008 ST Radial 225/75R-15 E 10-ply tires
    MoRryde CRE2-35 CRE3000 w/ wet bolt kit & X-Factor cross-member
    Furrion Observation camera with 5-inch monitor
    Equalizer WDH 1,000/10,000

2018 Toyota Tundra SR5 Extended Cab
    Michelin Defender LTX E-rated tires
    RoadMaster Active Suspension (in lieu of TRD sway bar and airbags)
    BakFLip MX4 hard-folding tonneau cover
    Putco Blade LED Tailgate Light Bar
    Westin stainless R7 running boards

Southern Arizona - We're close to Tombstone and can see Mexico (Mt. San Jose) from our backyard.
    US Army, Retired

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 Silverado 1500 Does not tell the whole story...what is your cab 2dr, 4dr?
    What is your engine?
    How many wheel drive? 2x 4x?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidki View Post
    2019 Silverado 1500 Does not tell the whole story...what is your cab 2dr, 4dr?
    What is your engine?
    How many wheel drive? 2x 4x?
    David, Its a 1500 double cab 5.3L 4X4. The weights I have are as follows

TV:
    GVWR...............7000
    GCWR...............15000
    Max Payload.....1897
    Max Tongue W....970

Weights

TV only:
    Steer Axle..........3120
    Drive Axle...........2280
    GRoss Weight.......5400

Combined:
    Steer.............3060
    Drive.............3120
    TRailer...........6660
    Gross Weight..12840

Thanks everyone

Shoe
    Subbury, Ohio
    Imagine 2800bh
    2019 Silverado 1500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoe, With a 5.3 V8 that is alot of trailer to be pulling.... Others on here may dissagree.... but I tow a Jayco 26RKS, it is ULVW out of the factory is 6500 lbs (right off the sticker) the factory weight was 600 lbs over the ULVW as listed in the brochure The GVWR of the Trailer is 8400 lbs but that is now what I would load up to. When we travel (just the wife and I) I bet we don't carry more that 500 lbs.

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500hd Crew Cab, 6.0 ltr gas and the weight was on the scale about 6,000 lbs with Gas and my wife and I in the truck. I have a 3.73 rear end. our GVWR on the truck is 9200 lbs and max trailer of 10,000 lbs the total CGVWR is 16,000 lbs.

Saying that I seem fine going along the highways.... use a WD hitch. My issue is even a 4% grade the engine just screams at 4300 rpm all the way up the hill with the Tow Haul Mode engaged...I can only imagine what the 5.3 V8 does.

What question were you asking about? I'm not sure if I saw one specific question in your first post.... but, at least here is my feedback on our truck and trailer weights.
    Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David, Thanks for the reply. I was basically making sure my assumptions on numbers not spelled out were accurate. The tongue weight and trailer weight were not spelled out in stone so I made assumptions. It actually tows real well. although there weren't too many real hills I imaging it will be a challenge in the mountains. THe transmission on the 2019 is far better then the older ones. When I did have a steeper grade it was more in the mid to upper 3's which a very acceptable.

Thanks again

Shoe
    Subbury, Ohio
    Imagine 2800bh
    2019 Silverado 1500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]