User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LED lights on slide awning

LED lights on slide awning (2019 337rls) worked initially but soon stopped working. LED lights on main awning still work. Checked wires on awning and nothing found. Any suggestions? Also LED lights under bedroom slide don't work either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie44 View Post
    LED lights on slide awning (2019 337rls) worked initially but soon stopped working. LED lights on main awning still work. Checked wires on awning and nothing found. Any suggestions? Also LED lights under bedroom slide don't work either.
    Did you ever discover the cause of this awning led not working? Mine is blowing the fuse and now I am working to find the source of the problem.
    Steve & Katey
    Full time since 07/01/2022
    2020 Ford F-350 DRW (5361 payload)
    2024 Solitude 390RK (FBP and Morryde IS from factory)
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Still got it!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Been to dealer 4 times and still not fixed. Will go back 5th time in November (Lazy Days in Tampa).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie44 View Post
    No. Been to dealer 4 times and still not fixed. Will go back 5th time in November (Lazy Days in Tampa).
    Thanks for the update.

On your bedroom slide lights (blue outside) may be that the wires under the bed have pulled loose. I've seen that mentioned several times in the Facebook groups.
    Steve & Katey
    Full time since 07/01/2022
    2020 Ford F-350 DRW (5361 payload)
    2024 Solitude 390RK (FBP and Morryde IS from factory)
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Still got it!)

Setting Up Camp
    West Virginia and wherever I rest my head
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve & Katey View Post
    Thanks for the update.

On your bedroom slide lights (blue outside) may be that the wires under the bed have pulled loose. I've seen that mentioned several times in the Facebook groups.
    I recently located the trouble with the (blue outside) lights not working. I removed the Nautilus panel and discovered one of the wires on the switch had pulled off. I re-attached the wire and now have (blue outside) lights.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve & Katey View Post
    Did you ever discover the cause of this awning led not working? Mine is blowing the fuse and now I am working to find the source of the problem.
    Hello, Last year we had an issue with the slide awning not opening. Every time we would rock the switch to extend the awning a fuse would blow. After about 2 hours of scratching our heads, several blown fuses, purchase of a new amp meter, and using the camera on my phone to see how the wires ran back of the television we discovers a shiny copper wire. I pulled the stereo out and there was the cause of the blown fuses. When the factory installed the power wire to the awning, pulling the wire through a hole drilled into the wall structure, about 7 inches of the insulation was stripped off one side of the wire. As the trailer bounced along the highway the wire finally made contact with the bare aluminum framing and would blow a fuse every time we tried to open the awing. This is one of the issues GD has been made aware of that will cause an electrical failure and possible fire. When we replaced the wire, it was installed inside the plastic electrical flex tubing as added protection.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check where the wires for the awning pass into the slide. The factory may have accidently skinned the wire when pulling it through the aluminum framing since they do not use any plastic bushing at the drilled hole in the aluminum frame.