Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum Slide Out Floor Bowing Up on Ends When Closed - 2019 351M

Just noticed that I am starting to get a gouge/divot in the floor where the center roller of the sofa/camp-side slide sits when retracted. Upon closer inspection, I see that the plywood slide floor is actually bowing up on both ends when fully retracted, leaving the outer 2 rollers a good inch+ off the floor. Picture attached.

Is anyone else seeing this? I Googled it, and the folks on a Jayco forum were all saying this is normal. Some put support boards under the end rollers when closing it up, but that would cause the whole slide to ride up when it is coming in (the rollers contact the floor all the way until about 8" from fully in.

I am going to email GD, but I am curious if anyone else has this going on.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Manny Slide Roller.jpg  

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    Just noticed that I am starting to get a gouge/divot in the floor where the center roller of the sofa/camp-side slide sits when retracted. Upon closer inspection, I see that the plywood slide floor is actually bowing up on both ends when fully retracted, leaving the outer 2 rollers a good inch+ off the floor. Picture attached.

Is anyone else seeing this? I Googled it, and the folks on a Jayco forum were all saying this is normal. Some put support boards under the end rollers when closing it up, but that would cause the whole slide to ride up when it is coming in (the rollers contact the floor all the way until about 8" from fully in.

I am going to email GD, but I am curious if anyone else has this going on.

Thanks.
    That does not look normal.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you email GD be sure to include your VIN number. There is something not right with that slide.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am anxiously awaiting GD's response, but I did try some slide adjustments today. I lowered the slide on the brackets, and this actually eliminated the floor bowing. This effectively made the bottom of the slide come in at less of an angle versus the top. However, I recalled something I had seen on one of these forums...Someone had a Momentum where the top of the slide would come out about 6-10" when driving and cornering. I realized that what I did would reduce the force holding the top of the slide in, so I closed it up and pushed on the top from inside. Unfortunately, it pushed out about 5".

I started raising it back up in 1/8" increments and had to go all the way back to where it was to get the top right. Lesser of 2 evils.

So...My remedy for now - Put a 12x18" piece of 1/8" tin on the floor under the roller that was leaving the divot.

But wait, there's more! I got the added bonus of discovering a small hydraulic fluid leak at the ram seal. Had some damn sand around it from a trip to the dunes. Not sure, but that does not look like an easy fix.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How old is your unit? We have had a hydraulic fitting and most recently a jack seal replaced under extended warranty.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal Westendorf View Post
    How old is your unit? We have had a hydraulic fitting and most recently a jack seal replaced under extended warranty.
    Forum hint :
    When you're asking someone a question use the reply with quote so they know it is directed to them, added bonus is they will get a notification they have been quoted and will know to look at the thread, especially when it is an older post.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are asking me, it is a 2019 351M we took home in June of 2018.