User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heat ducting problem 303rls; it's gonna get cold tonite

greetings from ba haba..

this makes no sense. has anyone run into this: furnace ducting to living room and kitchen with nice air flow. bathroom and bedroom zero air flow. 4" flex pipe from furnace to box duct loads hot air fine. air flow completely disappears somewhere along the 6' of box duct. nothing comes out at the end. no leaks that i can feel around the box duct. the flexpipe is secured and taped properly. where did the air go?????

thanks for any help from those that have experienced anything like this. maybe it's happened to someone before and they can give me an idea or three.....
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some one forgot to cut the hole between the flex & duct going to the bedroom. Start there first.
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS
    2004 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Sierra

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WE-C-USA View Post
    Some one forgot to cut the hole between the flex & duct going to the bedroom. Start there first.
    And if there is a hole it’s probably to small. Mine was 4” duct to maybe an 1 1/2 hole in metal ductwork.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the input. with yesterday's twelve hour deluge, i wasn't able to get into this. i'll tackle it this afternoon and report on what i find when i pull the flex duct away from the box duct. you would have thought they would simply have take one or two 2" duct pipes straight to the basement, bath, and bedroom vents without fooling with tying into a box duct, but hey, what do i know....
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, it turns out i had two problems. the hole was cut half the size of the flex duct. i cut it out to fit right. the second problem resulted from what i complained about a couple of weeks ago: MOUSE ATTACK. one of them stole about a cupful of insulation and planted it right where it would have the most dramatic impact: on top of the flex duct inside the box duct. once i vacuumed out the insulation, i had air flow again. how in the world do mice get into such small spaces......