User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ram 2500 Power Wagon - Nice truck - Zero Payload - 1127 lbs!

BigTruckBigRv just did review of the new Power Wagon and thankfully unlike 99.999% of all reviewers, he posted a pic of the door sticker!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E31E0A79-5217-4F94-AB99-0E6931B20B4E.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	22432

Yes you read that right... 1127 lbs payload for a 2500 Truck! Yikes!

—-

Now this truck is not meant for towing and is loaded with as many toys as my Jeep Rubicon. The damn thing has front and rear locking diffs, remote disconnect sway bar, Warn Zeon 10k winch and custom bumper, skid plates and I’m sure more toys and suspension.

Still amazed how little payload so I suspect the suspension has been tweaked for off-road prowess and not for weight... my 1500 nearly kicks it lol.

His test model also came with the Ramboxes which I love on mine but as I understand you can’t get a 5th wheel prep with those installed... which bums me out, I really wanted a 3500 one day with the Ramboxes.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different trucks are built for different duties. Having the tow package or offroading takes away from towing ability. Every time you add weight for something it takes away from towing.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it takes the right components but 5th wheel has been done with the boxes. Pretty sure someone on here has them. But yeah no factory prep with them at least last I checked.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more bells and whistles on a vehicle adds weight and thus reduces the payload. That Power Wagon is loaded with off-road goodies at the expense of payload capacity, certainly not meant for heavier towing.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slow to respond to the thread, however better late than never. The PowerWagon and the TRX are wonderful off-road trucks (right there with the Ford Raptor) which Dodge/RAM has equipped with softer suspension specific to this function. I was recently a passenger in a TRX, beyond the neck straining acceleration; it's ride is more comfortable than most cars, it is baja ready, but it is not designed to pull a heavy trailer. ... even with nearly 700 ft lbs of torque.