User Tag List

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sliding tray Mod

I finally bit the bullet and got the MORryde battery tray for my rig - but not for the Batteries. The 31 MB comes with a compartment to the right of the door with a small refrigerator and space to add a TV. We NEVER watch TV outside, but I do like to cook outside. I have a Blackstone griddle which I use a lot. I got the 24"X24" https://www.amazon.com/s?k=B007HRQCPQ&ref=nb_sb_noss. I did have to move the refrigerator several inches to the left - which is not an issue. With that done I installed the unit using 5/16 by 1" bolts and Tee Nuts in the back holes and one of the Front holes. THE other front hole was over a brace, so I drilled through and used a bolt and nut. the center two holes have 5/15 by 1" lag screws just to make me feel better. I did make sure to off set the tray to allow clearance on the right side due to the radius corner for the door. Now I don't have to use our foldable table to put the griddle on, and make sure that is level. If the trailer is level the griddle will be. It also makes for perfect storage, and straps to put hold it down while traveling. The back holes in the tray allow for the propane line to go through, out of the way, under the tray to my Propane quick disconnect. The only thing that needs done to put the griddle away for the night is unhook that line and slide the tray in - and close the door.

photo Tray in_zps2u2bqjai.jpg
     photo Tray out_zpsnceakiab.jpg
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great!

I love the ideas that people come up with.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. Great use of the compartment.

Brian

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you that have an outside kitchen with the Suburban griddle, have you tried to swap it out for the 17” Blackstone? Our Blackstone is perfectly seasoned with what looks like a little bit larger surface area. I think the width is the same as the Suburban.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    For those of you that have an outside kitchen with the Suburban griddle, have you tried to swap it out for the 17” Blackstone? Our Blackstone is perfectly seasoned with what looks like a little bit larger surface area. I think the width is the same as the Suburban.
    My Imagine 2400BH didn't come with a Suburban griddle but it did come with a cooktop I wasn't happy with (Capital or Suburban unit) on slide out drawer. I have been working on replacing it with a Camp Chef Ranger II that I've had. The Ranger II was quite a bit taller than the original cooktop so I've had to rebuild the space and shelving around it.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC
    ... The only thing that needs done to put the griddle away for the night is unhook that line and slide the tray in - and close the door.
    Have you ever used an infra-red thermometer to measure the temps around the blackstone? This tray doesn't look like it slides out more than the 24". I would be concerned that this is too close to the trailer. I'm struggling with this now with my mod and have been just using the tray I built as storage/transport. I move the cooktop to a rolltop table I take with me to cook/prep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptavares View Post
    My Imagine 2400BH didn't come with a Suburban griddle but it did come with a cooktop I wasn't happy with (Capital or Suburban unit) on slide out drawer. I have been working on replacing it with a Camp Chef Ranger II that I've had. The Ranger II was quite a bit taller than the original cooktop so I've had to rebuild the space and shelving around it.

Have you ever used an infra-red thermometer to measure the temps around the blackstone? This tray doesn't look like it slides out more than the 24". I would be concerned that this is too close to the trailer. I'm struggling with this now with my mod and have been just using the tray I built as storage/transport. I move the cooktop to a rolltop table I take with me to cook/prep.
    I have not checked the temps with a thermometer, but have places my hand in and around everything in the surrounding area. At no time is the temp of anything too hot to touch. I have also made wind breaks out of high temp silicone matts which act as heat shields on the sides, and prevent grease splatter. I will check the temps next weekend when we camp just to see what they are.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser