User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We came from a Class C with no levelling system. I LOVE the electric levellers on our 3350 RL. I had the opportunity to try it with just 2x6 blocking and then with the Anderson buckets and I must say I think the Anderson buckets are a must have. I initially bought just 2 to try out...and of course I own 6 now. I have not had one out of stroke error since switching over to them. It will be money well spent for a decent levelling system for sure!!!
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 3350 RL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat, 6.7 diesel, SRW/SB, Crew Cab
    B&H Companion Slider for Ford Puck System
    Air Lift Air Bags 5000 Ultimate Plus with Air Lift Wireless One onboard compressor

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On thing we have learned. Once the slides are out, hit the auto-level it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had a choice I’d go for the electric ones. My are leaking and the dealer fix is replace each leg for $500 each.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Having completed our fourth year of full-timing this summer, the main point of contention in our marriage is where and when to settle back down. Since we're well-suited to the mobile lifestyle and our 2016 337 suits us almost perfectly, the solution - for now - is to keep rolling.

Since our 337 was built a few months before auto-leveling became standard on Reflections, we have become adept at the use of a LevelMatePRO 2 and some Beech-Lane levelers. I carry a couple of six-foot pieces of treated 2x12 in the truck bed for those sites that are four or more inches out of level side-to-side, as well (have had to use them twice in the past couple of months). The whole leveling routine doesn't really take me that long, but dread/resentment of the work involved seems to increase proportionately with age and lower back pain levels. Bad weather is also a multiplier.

My preference would be the Bigfoot hydraulic system, but it's expensive and a more involved installation (probably wouldn't undertake it myself). Reading reviews and forum entries on the Lippert leveling systems, the common theme for those that have anything negative to say seems to be that the trailer has to be "fairly level" (the most common phrase used) in order for the Lippert system to work. How far off can "fairly level" be and the system still work? How have you found the reliability of the Lippert system to be?

The existing Lippert 2.0 system on our trailer is bolt-on. I plan on speaking with Lippert to make sure that the 3.0 system would slip into the existing mounts and that no welding would be required. So, in addition to my questions above - and assuming at least several more years of full-timing - do you believe it would be worth the time and the $2,500 expenditure to install the four-point 3.0 auto-leveling system on our rig?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and input.

Rob
    We have the 2018 337rls with the 4 point autolevel 3.0 and have found out that less than a 2° side to side reading off the control unit is the limit. I now look at this reading and less than 2° hit autolevel, greater than I put 2 layers of stacking leveling blocks then autolevel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a 3.0 system on my Reflection 29 RS last fall. Probably set it up 40 times since. Leveler is great. Don't know the degrees but it has covered every situation so far including picking wheels up a few inches of the ground on lateral drop offs. Right now we are backed up a hill. It put the front up high enough for me to walk under it without ducking (6"). Just add more blocks to help levelers if I see it is going to have further to go.
    Bill Skinner, Buford GA
    2015 Reflection 29 RS
    2019 Ford F250 gas; 4.3 Diff

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billskinnerjr View Post
    ...It put the front up high enough for me to walk under it without ducking (6"). Just add more blocks to help levelers if I see it is going to have further to go.
    Bill,

If you're only six inches tall, I wouldn't think you'd have to put it up very far to walk under it

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12