User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What’s behind the tv?

We have a Reflection 150, I think it’s the shortest version, year 2019. The tv is mounted above a storage unit (pantry and junk). I have a feeling there is nothing behind the tv wall. Does anyone know and has anyone modified this area for storage?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Grand Design doesn't utilize the space behind the TV in the reflection series too. In mine, its over the fireplace and drawers. I removed a drawer thinking there will be a shelf above the fireplace so I could just remove the paneling. But that is not the case its open space above the fireplace. In your case, you have the top of the pantry for a shelf, so you should be able to cut out the paneling and utilize the space. I would just remove the tv and drill a large hole and look. You will always have a TV there so the hole won't be noticed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DScott’s View Post
    We have a Reflection 150, I think it’s the shortest version, year 2019. The tv is mounted above a storage unit (pantry and junk). I have a feeling there is nothing behind the tv wall. Does anyone know and has anyone modified this area for storage?
    I have a 29RS. There is nothing behind the TV other than the wires running to the radio. That is going to be my next mod. There's nothing like gaining a little storage space.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac View Post
    I have a 29RS. There is nothing behind the TV other than the wires running to the radio. That is going to be my next mod. There's nothing like gaining a little storage space.
    did you do this mod yet? I got a new tv & mount & hubby thinks it needs to be reinforced, but unsure, best method to remove the backing behind tv without destroying it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The panel behind the TV on my 230RL is only secured by a dozen or so narrow gauge staples... I cut the hole for the cabinet door 1st then used a small nail puller on the backside of the panel.... I found after trail & error Minwax Gel Stain"Coffee" to be a good match for color... rub on wipe off do not let it set
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3341.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1,009.3 KB 
ID:	23840[QUOTE]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3344.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	947.7 KB 
ID:	23841found out what was behind the tv. DH reinforced the brace and mounted a new telescoping tv mount & new better tv! (sorry no pic of that).
    Last edited by zadiemay; 12-11-2019 at 06:20 AM.