User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4K for pin weight seems kind of high to me also. The GVWR of the trailer is 16,800 lbs, so that is the very most that the trailer should be loaded to. Unless EVERYTHING that is loaded into the front of the trailer, 4K would be pretty hard to get to.........and loaded improperly also.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything in the garage should lighten the pin a tad. Unless your fresh water tank is filled, your pin should be light.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok gang, if you read my answer, I said that I haven’t weighed the rig yet...ballparking 16K x 25% = 4K. it pulls fine.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new rig ! What did you do during your trip? . Ride a little or just hang out ?.
    Chuck & Trish
    2017 350M
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW
    2014 HD Roadking

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My suggestion is make some trips to the scales. Not just one, 2-3. First fill the truck like you travel and with full fuel. Then take trailer loaded for bear but maybe water tanks empty. If the scales don't have side barriers, make a 3rd trip across, half on half off, with wheels positioned on the appropriate 3 sections. That with a bit of math will let you know pretty close how the weight is distributed side to side in the trailer. Lateral weights. Depending on those figures you could make a 4th trip after adding desired water. If you make 2 trips across the scales in rapid succession the second weighing is usually at a fraction of the cost. Then you will know your exact weight and no one will have to guess. One key is have the tow vehicle at a consistent weight, I'd suggest filling right before hitting the scales. If you are uncertain go inside first and explain what you are trying to do. I found them helpful the first time I weighed.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12