User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite Superglide help

I have a 2019 Solitude 310GK with the Rota-Flex pin box and recently installed the the Pullrite Superglide 16k hitch model number 2714 in my F-350 with factory prep. The problem I was having was finding the correct capture plate for the Rota-flex. On the Pullrite web site there are 2 capture plates listed for the Rota-flex web site. They are models 331756 and 331760. After doing the measurements on my pin box I saw that neither capture plate was a perfect match so I called Pullrite and the service rep told me they get more calls from people with Rota-flex pin boxes than anyone else( and now I know why). He said that I needed capture plate model #331760 and so I bought it. After setting it up on my pin box yesterday I noticed it was slightly wider than the pin box by about 1/4 inch and then I took the trailer out for a 10 minute drive and heard a few bangs while turning the corners. When I got back there were a few small dents in both capture plate and pin box plate. Obviously its the wrong capture plate. So to wrap up my long winded story I want to know what capture plate anyone else has ordered with the Rota flex pin box before I spend more money maybe purchasing another one that may not fit.
    Thanks for any help on this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    331760...I ordered and tried both. The 60
    Is what you want. 3 seasons and no issues other than making sure the setscrew is tight
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to make sure they didn't send me the wrong capture plate does yours have 2 set screws on each side of the plate. I had to buy 4 set screws that were 3/4 in longer than the ones that came with the plate just to be long enough to hold onto the pin box plate. Also does your plate have some side to side play in it when attached to the pin box.There's just something about my setup with this that doesn't seem rightClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_BCB5611AD64E-1.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	652.9 KB 
ID:	22496

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    Just to make sure they didn't send me the wrong capture plate does yours have 2 set screws on each side of the plate. I had to buy 4 set screws that were 3/4 in longer than the ones that came with the plate just to be long enough to hold onto the pin box plate. Also does your plate have some side to side play in it when attached to the pin box.There's just something about my setup with this that doesn't seem rightClick image for larger version. 

That is definitely not right. I have a single larger setscrew under the plate that engages against the 5th wheel pin. The plate should have a laser cut out with the plate number ie 60 no side to side or fwd back side play whatsoever
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same problem with my original plate, as mentioned you need the one with the ‘60’ laser cut into it. The 56 that you have is for pin boxes manufactured before 2014.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwktlg8 View Post
    That is definitely not right. I have a single larger setscrew under the plate that engages against the 5th wheel pin. The plate should have a laser cut out with the plate number ie 60 no side to side or fwd back side play whatsoever
    ^^^This. I have a plate with a laser cut 60 in it. Works perfectly other than having to tighten the set screw each time it's used.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to make sure they didn't send me the wrong capture plate does yours have 2 set screws on each side of the plate. I had to buy 4 set screws that were 3/4 in longer than the ones that came with the plate just to be long enough to hold onto the pin box plate. Also does your plate have some side to side play in it when attached to the pin box. There's just something about my setup with this that doesn't seem right
    I'll just add to the chorus: I don't know which plate I have - trailer's not close by right now - but it doesn't look like yours. The only time there's any play in mine is when the single set screw that others have described is not tight enough. The single set screw is at the back / trailer side of the fifth wheel pin. There are no screws in the sides of mine.

Except for issues related to the set screw not being tight enough (as was the case when the dealer first installed it, and unhooking damaged our hitch) there has been no noise or trouble with the plate.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As other have said, you want the capture plate with a single set screw in the back.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all.. The seller through Amazon sent me instructions for the 331760 and capture plate 331756. I hope they take it back with a few dings in it.
    Appreciate all the help on this

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you get it dialed in you'll be happy you have it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast