User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Found in my 2970RL the factory had installed the coax connectors wrong or had used the wrong tool. I replaced every connector in the camper and fixed my problem.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sne1 View Post
    We use outside antenna on home tv, great reception. 30 miles to Tampa 50 miles to Orlando, so big city channels. Camper get half of what home gets and pixelated on major station, NBC. I can get NBC on a 30 year old rabbit ear tv, but not a new camper? Any thoughts on what/how to check for malfunction of TV or Antenna? Did search, with no luck. Thanks
    As @Hokensalem has advised, checking every connection you can find for proper installation and tightness is unfortunately often required. I had a connector that looked at a glance to be properly crimped but I could easily pull it off and slide it back on with my fingers.

You don't mention which antenna you have - is it the rotatable bat-wing antenna or the round fixed Air 360? If it's the King Jack, have you tried rotating it with the handle in the ceiling?

Can you check the connection on or under the antenna - do you have access into the ceiling under the antenna? Our King Jack had a very thin coax cable coming from the antenna down into the ceiling, where it was attached to an RG-6 coax cable in the ceiling just under the antenna - another potential connection failure.

Hope something there is helpful. Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had any problems with the HD antenna on the roof. I did have issues though when hooking up my bedroom TV to the cable versus satelite connections. Finally it turned out to be either they were labeled incorrectly in ceiling or the were wired incorrectly.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I’ll check these tips out when I get a chance. Thanks
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boyscout,
    TCL flatscreen came with camper and Winegard air 360 antenna.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did so work. Tried new coax amp to tv, no help. Removed the screws to the amp. plate, with red light. Behind the plate were many coax, all loose. Tightened all coax, but dog gone no help!?! I unplugged TV in hopes to reset, no luck. While scanning to confirm lack of stations, I realized all the stations being picked up were digital? No analog stations were picked up? Also realized not only does the tv not get NBC no. 8 it also misses Fox network no. 13. Both very powerful networks! Over the air? While looking up what channels I would receive in my area, I saw this. “Watching local channels requires an HD antenna”. Wander if the Winegard does HD? Thanks for your thoughts!
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did so work. Tried new coax amp to tv, no help. Removed the screws to the amp. plate, with red light. Behind the plate were many coax, all loose. Tightened all coax, but dog gone no help!?! I unplugged TV in hopes to reset, no luck. While scanning to confirm lack of stations, I realized all the stations being picked up were digital? No analog stations were picked up? Also realized not only does the tv not get NBC no. 8 it also misses Fox network no. 13. Both very powerful networks! Over the air? While looking up what channels I would receive in my area, I saw this. “Watching local channels requires an HD antenna”. Wander if the Winegard does HD? Thanks for your thoughts!
    I believe that all GD trailers with a TV will have a TCL TV, that's not likely the problem. The Air 360 antenna *does* do HDTV. Here's a link to more information about it.

https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-d.../air-360-white

Are you able to check the connection right at the antenna itself, underneath the dome? Have you tried using a multi-meter to check continuity and resistance and no shield/conductor shorting in the cables? I dunno what else to suggest.

We recently installed that antenna and are receiving about 25 stations on it, almost the same as the other antenna we had. There's VERY little to it - just a plastic plate under the dome with antenna elements screen-printed onto it. If the elements were poorly printed or scratched during handling that could mess it up, but otherwise it should work fine.

Maybe someone else has more ideas, or if you have a good dealer ask them to look into the problem for you. Best of luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today’s report!
    Put my VIZIO from my house into the camper. Used the longer coax I used last week to make sure it was not a problem with the coax that came with the camper. Well the VIZIO got all the channels I get when hooked up to my home antenna! Clear picture and all. So I remove Visio from camper. Using this same long coax, I hooked the TCL back up. Low and behind, all stations come in clear. Yep there is a but! But, When I went to to tuck the long coax behind the TCL tv, the channels went pixelated. So pulled antenna out from behind tv and picture cleared back up! So seems the longer coax has created a better signal and antenna for the LCL to receive proper reception. It looks looks like we will be having the long coax dangling down in front of the pantry to get the best results for receiving local networks. Lol

Boyscout, if the dome connection is to be checked, the sealant around the base would have to be cut away and compromised. This would be a dealer or GD warranty repair if that were to happen! If a multi meter would help, my brother is an electrician and would be able to test that.

Thanks for your thoughts. Just thought I’d share my finding today, while problem solving my reception, or lack of reception.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today’s report! Put my VIZIO from my house into the camper. Used the longer coax I used last week to make sure it was not a problem with the coax that came with the camper. Well the VIZIO got all the channels I get when hooked up to my home antenna! Clear picture and all. So I remove Visio from camper. Using this same long coax, I hooked the TCL back up. Low and behind, all stations come in clear. Yep there is a but! But, When I went to to tuck the long coax behind the TCL tv, the channels went pixelated. So pulled antenna out from behind tv and picture cleared back up! So seems the longer coax has created a better signal and antenna for the LCL to receive proper reception. It looks looks like we will be having the long coax dangling down in front of the pantry to get the best results for receiving local networks. Lol
    Well that's a KIND of progress I guess! Very strange. Could there be a problem with the connector on your TV? Not the coax's connector, the TV's connector? I'm wondering if stressing it in a different direction is what gave you a good signal, if the connector on the TV is not properly connected inside the TV. Having an extra length of coax should not itself make any difference.

Boyscout, if the dome connection is to be checked, the sealant around the base would have to be cut away and compromised. This would be a dealer or GD warranty repair if that were to happen! If a multi meter would help, my brother is an electrician and would be able to test that.
    Yeah, I was asking because I didn't know if you could somehow see into the ceiling from inside... I haven't seen a trailer with factory-installed Air 360. Our trailer originally had a King Jack antenna with a rotator knob in the ceiling, so I have a nice big hole into the ceiling where I can check the connection. Thought maybe GD might have given you an inspection plate or something... silly me.

Not that I'm recommending it - not now that you've proven the antenna is OK - but FYI the King Jack antenna was REALLY easy to remove from the roof of our trailer. There are horror stories here about trying to remove lap sealant to do various things on the roof but for some reason on our 2018 I was able to just peel it back slowly with my thumbs, not very hard at all.

But, you don't have to think about that anymore. Good luck nailing down the last mile of whatever your problem is... a strange one.
    Last edited by boyscout; 09-10-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Coax properly installed is shielded (the metal braid just under the rubber insulation) to prevent the internal wire from picking up any outside signals. So cable length or position will not normally make any difference. But bad connections can either prevent the signal from traveling through the wire, or allow signals to "leak" in. Sounds like that is your problem. If your VIZIO works consistently with all the original wiring, then the problem must be with the TCL set. Push, pull, wiggle, connect and disconnect connections while the TV is on to verify. The TCL working, sometimes, with the second cable leads one to suspect the connector on the TV, or less likely the connector on the amp. Either one would be replaceable under warranty.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast