User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had suddenly developed problems with TV reception last year. Traced all my coax runs and found several problems with loose connections. Several were only a thread or two from falling off. Tightened all up, still no joy. Took it back to dealer for a warranty repair on front a/c and also told them my TV issues. They found a loose connection at a junction, get this, over the axles. Why would GD break the coax at such a difficult spot to troubleshoot?
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll take a look thanks.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sne1 View Post
    I’ll take a look thanks.
    Had almost same problem with my 2014 FR toyhauler. Long piece of coax was a good antenna. Finally got a paperclip to short coax connection
    at one end and checked with meter at other end to verify the run. Found coax was not on correct input on amp plate. sorted everything out and worked great.
    I did have a crank up antenna at that time. Not a fan of fixed antennas. Sometimes you just need to raise it up a little.
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirm TV is set to antenna mode.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go on your roof disconnect the coax cable from the antennae and check for 12 volts, the antennae booster should put out 12 volts to the antennae.

If you do not receive 12 volts at that location it could be a coax problem, or, your booster quit working.

If 12 volts is good at that location the problem could be in the antennae if it contains a circuit board.

I had a similar problem with a King antennae, the circuit boards kept going out on those. Replaced with a Winegard and good to go for over two years now.

Hope this helps, let us know what you figure out.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use outside antenna on home tv, great reception. 30 miles to Tampa 50 miles to Orlando, so big city channels. Camper get half of what home gets and pixelated on major station, NBC. I can get NBC on a 30 year old rabbit ear tv, but not a new camper? Any thoughts on what/how to check for malfunction of TV or Antenna? Did search, with no luck. Thanks
    Todays RV antennas just don't make it.. The antenna on the roof of your house is at much higher altutude than the roof of your RV... With antennas of any kind, Altitude is everything..
    The old RV antennas you cranked up and turned their directional ear toward known TV transmitters.. Not anymore, and the dealers try and tell you it is a much superior antenna and you no longer have to crank it up, aim it and remember to crank it back down......
    Our TT that we just traded in had a Wingman II on the roof. Cranking up 3 feet may not sound like much, but these engineers today who live in a city have forgotten how antennas work. 3 feet is 3 feet.. and that small distance means a LOT... Our new Imagine with the Wingard 360 like you have brings in half the stations in our driveway that our old Wingman II did... I WANT MY WINGMAN II BACK..

I am in process of seeing if I can find a signal amp upgrade that I can either use in addition to the existing amp, or install in place of...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV Antenna Issues

I had similar issues with my 2019 Solitude ST373FB. TCL on televator in living room had great reception with King antenna, but bedroom TCL got very little. To isolate the problem, I ran a temporary coax from the living room TV coax connection directly to the bedroom TV, and it worked great. Next, I pulled the preamp/switch plate from the living room cabinet wall and used a video coax tester to test the run from there to the bedroom. The tester showed that it was "OPEN". As I contemplated how I could replace that run, I remembered that there is also a TV jack in the bottom pass-through storage. I pulled it from the wall and discovered a signal splitter, which would divide (weaken) the signal to each output. With my tester, I was able to identify and test the coax going to the bedroom. But the run, which I ASSUMED went to the TV2 output of the preamp/switch still tested "OPEN" (Still not a thrilling prospect for replacement!). Finally, on a whim, I pulled the radio receiver from the cabinet adjoining the preamp/switch. There I discovered still another coax splitter sharing the preamp TV2 output with the radio! I was relieved to get a "GOOD" coax test after identifying the run to the basement storage. Since we do not use the basement hookup, I replaced that splitter with a threaded coax cable connector and then connected the other end directly to the preamp TV2 output. Thus, my TV problems were solved, and we now get equal coverage on both TV's. Of course, the radio receiver was left inoperative without an antenna. But I hope to cure that by adding a small distribution amplifier (amplified splitter) from the GD TV2 preamp/switch output to both the bedroom TV and radio receiver.

I hope my elusive discoveries and solutions can help others in this group!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use outside antenna on home tv, great reception. 30 miles to Tampa 50 miles to Orlando, so big city channels. Camper get half of what home gets and pixelated on major station, NBC. I can get NBC on a 30 year old rabbit ear tv, but not a new camper? Any thoughts on what/how to check for malfunction of TV or Antenna? Did search, with no luck. Thanks
    I have the 360 degree antenna on my 2019 303, and my reception is like yours with my brother in law’s 2019 Reflection having much better results with his directional antenna when the’re camped right next to us. I went through all connections, and finally determined it’s the 360 degree antenna. I’m living with it since we use cable most of the time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good info, but all works good when I brought VIZIO out of my house and did test scan using camper antenna. So the camper TV seems to be the issue. But the longer coax makes the camper TV much better?!
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save yourself some time and energy and install a crank-up Wineguard antennaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	rvw-395.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	22613
    Replaced my KingJack and went from 22 channels to 32 with no other change
    David And Donna - Rochester NY
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Cummins DRW
    2017 Grand Design 350M Momentum M-Class, Morryde Independent Suspension, 8K axles, Morryde Rubber Pin Box, TST510 tire monitor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast