User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solem8080 View Post
    Our rig does not have the heated/messaging seats and I greatly appreciate your willingness to provide input. Will continue to search. I think I’ll run a cable directly from the antenna to the TV to ensure TV and antenna are functioning.Best, Scott.
    Sorry Scott, can't offer much helpful except to reinforce things you may already know.

Check ALL connections that you can find anywhere in the trailer, and I wouldn't START under the belly. There are so many reports here of loose connections. Don't just check the tightness of the nuts on the connectors, also check that the connectors are properly and tightly attached to the cable. I had one that *looked* perfect but the cable could be easily pulled from the connector and reinserted into it. Check behind the booster plate, the back of the radio, behind the Nautilus panel, everywhere.

If you have a King Jack (pedestal batwing) antenna then there's a fairly large hole under its rotator handle. The rotator can be easily removed and you can at least see the cable connection in there; likely a very slender cable from the antenna that connects in the ceiling to a standard RG-6 cable. You might be able to check that connection through the hole, or at least wiggle it around for testing. That's where you'll likely connect your separate test cable... good idea. If you have the Winegard Air 360 flattened dome you'll have to lift it from the roof to get to the connector.

Akin to the suggestion @sherman made, you don't have the powered recliners s/he told you about but there are fairly frequent reports of other electrical components in the trailer disrupting TV signals. The kitchen and bathroom fans are often culprits - our bathroom fan destroys TV signals. Test by turning off everything you can.

If you then still have to drop the cloroplast and look in the belly, you'll know that you've ruled out the easier-access possible problems first.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 10-16-2019 at 07:51 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mark!
    I will start there (at the Antenna) and ensure everything is turned off. Also, I intend on picking up a signal generator for the coax to see if I have continuity. Seems like a fairly cheap investment for what I can get out of it. I’ll update for those who may find usefulness in my findings.
    I appreciate you guys and your willingness to provide input!
    Scott.
    Scott & Cora
    2017 Reflection 30BH
    Colorado

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on TV signal. I have tested and proved all coaxial cabling from antenna to TV and connection panel in the storage compartment to the the TV. It appears the signal booster in the upstairs bedroom is not passing the signal through. I can take the signal booster out of the cable loop and it all tests good. Anyone had this happen before? Anyway, will be searching to find replacement. Not too bad of a fix. Definitively had several cables loose, so will tighten as it goes back together. My little $34 tester worked pretty well...
    Thanks All,
    Scott.
    Scott & Cora
    2017 Reflection 30BH
    Colorado

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the TV booster replacement part which coincidently is manufactured and sold about 1 mile from office in Colorado. The GD website was very help in determining the part as the part itself was largely unmarked. Put it in last night and 66 +/- over the air stations.

I really appreciate the encouragement to NOT start in the underbelly. That would have proved to be a waste of time.
    Thanks again for the input.
    Scott.
    Scott & Cora
    2017 Reflection 30BH
    Colorado

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solem8080 View Post
    Update on TV signal. I have tested and proved all coaxial cabling from antenna to TV and connection panel in the storage compartment to the the TV. It appears the signal booster in the upstairs bedroom is not passing the signal through. I can take the signal booster out of the cable loop and it all tests good. Anyone had this happen before? Anyway, will be searching to find replacement. Not too bad of a fix. Definitively had several cables loose, so will tighten as it goes back together. My little $34 tester worked pretty well... Thanks All, Scott.
    What tester did you buy?

Thanks. Please use the "Reply With Quote" link at the bottom of this message to reply so I get a notification of your response.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    What tester did you buy?

Thanks. Please use the "Reply With Quote" link at the bottom of this message to reply so I get a notification of your response.
    Hi Mark,
    It was a by Klein - Coax Explorer 2 with remote kit. I got it at Home Depot. I has 4 colors (Red/Blue/Black/Green). See link below. Ended up being very handy and easily isolated the issue without excessive tear down.
    Thanks,
    Scott.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...01-64_1000.jpg
    Scott & Cora
    2017 Reflection 30BH
    Colorado

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345