User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New is not an option. Just looking to get the most out of what came with the camper.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sne1 View Post
    All good info, but all works good when I brought VIZIO out of my house and did test scan using camper antenna. So the camper TV seems to be the issue. But the longer coax makes the camper TV much better?!
    As a couple of people have told you, the longer coax by itself - if it's in good condition - should not make any difference at all. Not saying that your report is untrue, just saying that the coax itself isn't likely the reason you saw improvement.

A couple of people have also suggested that you check the connectors on your television. If you wiggle that long coax cable around at the TV end does the signal fluctuate? Could the connector(s) on your TV be faulty?

Also - I'm forgetting now - have you confirmed that there's nothing wrong with the factory cable?
    Last edited by boyscout; 09-15-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the option I used with my old travel trailer, and it worked very well. This antenna, and similar brands, are available through Walmart and online:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-HD-...Range/46998188

I mounted it on a long telescopic aluminum swimming pool vacuum tube, and clamped the tube vertically on the edge of a slide-out using heavy duty plastic spring clamps. This put the antenna over 20 feet off the ground. (EXERCISE EXTREME CARE TO KEEP CLEAR OF OVERHEAD ELECTRICAL WIRES!!!) Your option as to how to run the coax to your unit's TV. The easiest will be to route the antenna coax through the corner of a window, door, or perhaps slide-out weather seal. I chose to use my campground cable input jack. Since this antenna is powered and rotated by a dedicated "black box", it will be necessary to remove the "CABLE" coax connector from your preamp/switch and extend it to the new antenna control box and the box output to your TV.

Although this antenna has a remote-controlled rotator, its direction is random and without an indoor indicator, so peaking TV signals with it is nearly impossible. Since my mast was mounted within reach of a window, I just manually turned it for best signal. Of course, a second person may be necessary.

This may sound like a "hokey" option, but for those seeking a CHEAP option for vastly better over-the-air reception, IT WORKS!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem. Long coax direct from the connection in the bedroom worked great. My fix was the connection under the trailer. I loosened the underbelly cover from the axels to the tail of the trailer finding coax either not connected or very loose. Once corrected my issues were gone. Best of luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all my tail chasing, yep, the coax connection going into TV is the issue. If I move the wire going in, it makes or breaks the reception.. so now I get to find out how the warranty process works for replacing said TV. Thanks for all your trouble shooting.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=boyscout;257231]As a couple of people have told you, the longer coax by itself - if it's in good condition - should not make any difference at all. Not saying that your report is untrue, just saying that the coax itself isn't likely the reason you saw improvement.

A couple of people have also suggested that you check the connectors on your television. If you wiggle that long coax cable around at the TV end does the signal fluctuate? Could the connector(s) on your TV be faulty?

Boyscout gets award, yep, connector on TV! Thanks
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sne1 View Post
    Boyscout gets award, yep, connector on TV! Thanks
    I wasn't the only one who suggested it. Hurrah! Hope it's under warranty, and the replacement is quick and easy.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All!
    New to the Grand Design forum. We just purchased a new (to us) Reflection 30 BH. I have been unable to get the TCL TV in the living area to find any stations. I have the booster on as many have suggested and have tried multiple coaxial connection configurations. Does anyone know how the coax from the antenna on a 30 BH routes from antenna to living room? I’ve read where some say up in the under belly along the frame rail and that there may be a barrel connector that could be loose. I have had the storage compartment wall out and that cabling doesn’t seem to contain the antenna cable. I’m going to start digging around in the under belly on the entry side as this seems most logistic with the antenna on this side. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Scott.
    Scott & Cora
    2017 Reflection 30BH
    Colorado

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were having similar problems. We were able to search and find all expected local channels, but have the real bad pixeling like you described above. We found that the heated and messaging seat when on was causing the issue. With this seat off the TV was crystal clear. Hope this helps.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Sherman,
    Our rig does not have the heated/messaging seats and I greatly appreciate your willingness to provide input. Will continue to search. I think I’ll run a cable directly from the antenna to the TV to ensure TV and antenna are functioning.
    Best,
    Scott.
    Scott & Cora
    2017 Reflection 30BH
    Colorado

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast