User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Tank Flush line leaking

I have a 2019 Reflection 297RSTS and when I tested the black tank flush, I got a lot of water pouring out of the bottom side of the trailer. The black tank did fill as it should so I think I have a leak in the line. Does anyone know if the line goes straight from the hose connection on the Nautilus system to the black tank directly or are there other connections that could be leaking. I haven't started looking for the leak yet. Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take 3 screws out of the fill connector and tighten the clamp.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike,

The black flush line goes up to a vacuum break valve (usually behind the shower wall) and then down to the far forward end of the black tank which is usually the curb side front tank. If the leak is at the vacuum break valve, the water usually ends up on the floor inside the RV. If you drop the coroplast along the right front rail, you should be able to see where the flush line attaches to the tank.

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 09-08-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I'll check the connector and lines, now that I know the layout.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the same issue. I recently ran water into my black water flush valve while draining my black tank. I had a pinch in the water hose and when I released it there was a surge of water into the valve. Then I noticed water dripping from under the side of my camper -- not from under the Coroplast but from under the side nearby the water heater area. (directly south of the side compartment containing the Nautilus system.) The water was running down propane lines that travel up from the main line to underneath the heater and water heater. It seams that water is leaking now under the side and the hole where the propane lines run through the sub-floor area is just an "opening" for the water to escape. UGH! Gonna probably have to take it in to get looked at. When I turn off the flow of water into the black water flush valve the water stops flowing down. I was afraid there was worse damage but leaving the fresh water intake hose connected and under pressure does not produce any leaking. I was able to get through the rest of the week of camping and head home. (GD 2017 Reflection 303RLS)
    2015 Dodge Ram 2500; 2017 Reflection Fifth Wheel 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy+Mo View Post
    I am having the same issue. I recently ran water into my black water flush valve while draining my black tank. I had a pinch in the water hose and when I released it there was a surge of water into the valve. Then I noticed water dripping from under the side of my camper -- not from under the Coroplast but from under the side nearby the water heater area. (directly south of the side compartment containing the Nautilus system.) The water was running down propane lines that travel up from the main line to underneath the heater and water heater. It seams that water is leaking now under the side and the hole where the propane lines run through the sub-floor area is just an "opening" for the water to escape. UGH! Gonna probably have to take it in to get looked at. When I turn off the flow of water into the black water flush valve the water stops flowing down. I was afraid there was worse damage but leaving the fresh water intake hose connected and under pressure does not produce any leaking. I was able to get through the rest of the week of camping and head home. (GD 2017 Reflection 303RLS)
    I just responded to your same post elsewhere with pictures as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same exact thing happened to me on my 2018 28BH. I just ordered an endoscope camera to see what is going on behind the shower.
    I also have a kink in mytank flush hose just before it enters the holding tank. That seems to be an assembly problem.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This just happened to us three days ago. I saw water dripping all over the place while flushing the black water. So I removed the three screws after I removed the hose and realized there was still water in the black hose. The dripping stopped. However, yesterday I was working on sealing the shower but I wanted to see if there was any water damage underneath the pan. When I open the plate... what a shock. There was a pool of water sitting on top of the black tank. I checked to make sure it wasn’t black water 💩 (I’m sure I would’ve smelled it a few days ago if it was). I tried removing the black corrugated plastic from the bottom but was unsuccessful bc it was too cold. Will try again today using other tools and a shop vac. Still, I think the consensus is it’s probably due to a kink or loose fitting or loose clamp? Thing is, I don’t know how the components are arranged underneath to be able to efficiently access the hoses that may be causing this issue. Any advice? My travel trailers set up has the bathroom in the back of the trailer, living room in the middle and bedroom in the front. I hope that helps explain kind of what I have.