User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question PullRite Super Lite 5th Wheel system

Hello Everyone: New to the Forum and have a lot to learn about 5th wheels
    My wife and I ordered our Reflection 303RLS which is our first 5th wheel after having a TT. I have been looking at the new Pullrite Super Lite inverted goose neck system that they came out with recently. The people at Colerain seem to like the system and recommending it. I called Pullrite talked to a Rep. and asked a ton of questions but could not find any obvious problems. There is a large benefit to the fact they weigh only between 50 and 60Lbs. Does anyone have any experience with this unit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry cant help with that one, but welcome to the forum Rick and Judy. Congratulations on your 303.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had a long bed truck, I would try one. I'm looking at purchasing a Pullrite Superglide soon. I just wish I could find an 18K somewhere used.
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at the SuperLite as well as I'm the process of getting a new truck. Haven't found anyone doing a search of all the RV forums that has one yet. I liked the Andersen too but the Pullrite design looks like it would easier to hitch up compared to the Andersen.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a gooseneck system on several trailers but I abandoned it due to Lippert's taking a stand that they would not necessarily warrant the frame if I used the goose neck systems on my 303. I think the only one Lippert approves of is the Reese system. FYI
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RGMutchler View Post
    I have had a gooseneck system on several trailers but I abandoned it due to Lippert's taking a stand that they would not necessarily warrant the frame if I used the goose neck systems on my 303. I think the only one Lippert approves of is the Reese system. FYI
    You are correct, Lippert will allow the use of the Reese Goose Box without effecting your warranty. My dealer tried one on my trailer for my setup before I decided to go with the Hijacker Autoslide.
    Karsten, Heather, Isaiah and Jill
    2016 385TH
    2015 Ram Longhorn Mega Cab 3500 4X4 CTD, Aisin, DRW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks all for the replies:
    I ended up sending Grand Design customer service Department an e-mail asking if the PullRite Superlite hitch was covered under their structural warranty for Lippert systems and they sent me a reply stating that it was not and the only goose neck style hitch that was approved was the reese style goose neck pin box replacement. Thanks RGMutchler for the heads up! I also sent a copy of the e-mail from Grand Design to the sales department where I ordered my Reflection from that told me it was covered under the 5th wheel warranty. The Sales department responded and said they are going to check into it. WOW close one thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering what Lippert would think of this. (I probably could have guessed).
    From an engineering perspective, this concept looks good . . . but you have to wonder why Pullrite would not go to the chassis manufacturers ahead of time and present/prove their case.
    I was also wondering about safety chains. Many jurisdictions require these with a "ball and cup" connection. Even if you turn it upside down, it is still a ball in a cup. No mention of this, one way or the other, (that I could find) on their website.
    I do think this will eventually become a viable hitch alternative . . . but it would seem that the hitch manufacturer could have removed a lot of roadblocks ahead of their launch.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree you would think they would have been a little more pro active with Lippert approval. The PullRite Rep I talked to said they have been working on this system for over a year and they currently can not make them fast enough for the customer demand. O'well looks like I will be carrying around a couple hundred pound hitch. Things could be a lot worse I get to go camping.

Rick

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick&Judy View Post
    Totally agree you would think they would have been a little more pro active with Lippert approval.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the LCI approval involves money in some way.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast