User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right side tail ligth on.

Walked passed my disconnected trailer this morning while it was still dark out and my right side tail light was on. Has anyone else ever experienced this?
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For only a single bulb to be lit, I’d assume it has to be the brake/turn light lit. First thing I’d try is inspecting the cord that hooks to the truck. That is the one place that power from the house battery gets close to the light wiring. If nothing is going on there, switch the battery disconnect off and see what happens.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    For only a single bulb to be lit, I’d assume it has to be the brake/turn light lit. First thing I’d try is inspecting the cord that hooks to the truck. That is the one place that power from the house battery gets close to the light wiring. If nothing is going on there, switch the battery disconnect off and see what happens.
    You're a genius! Cleaned up this mess and the light went off. Huge thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	22503
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjunior View Post
    You're a genius! Cleaned up this mess and the light went off. Huge thanks!
    Not a genius, an expert. My definition of an expert is someone who has made most of the mistakes possible in a field and still has a good enough memory to recognize them when he sees them again.

Glad it was simple. My next guess was going to be that somebody had driven a screw into a wall and hit some wires, so this was by far the easiest.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana