Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering a 311BHS

Hi All,

I currently tow a 30’ ultra light with a ‘19 F350 SRW (Powerstroke). My truck has a leveling kit installed. If I go the route of the 311, am I going to need to add air bags to avoid sag in the rear of the truck? Any other 311 concerns with my set up? I am a bit concerned about the size, as this is my first fifth wheel. But, at an overall length 36’10”, I feel like the total length of the new set up should be comparable to my current set up considering the length of the trailer’s master bedroom sitting over the truck bed. Is this a safe assumption?

I will add, I love the fit and finish of the Grand Design. I wish I would have looked into this sooner. I just don’t want to go too big.

Thanks,

Mark

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, we had all these same questions as similar situation. Currently have Chevy3500 SRW and 31 tag toy hauler. Read on here for over a month and will be taking delivery of a 311BHS this Thursday. As you, we liked the size of the 311BHS still having a bunk. I'll let ya know after Thursday on how it pulls. I do have air bags just from our current tag being tongue heavy, but after reading in here, seems bags help with the fifth wheel also. Will be our first FW also. Lots of good reading in this forum.
    Scott.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same truck and pull a 31mb that’s similar in length. The 311 is heavier but not by much if I recall. I sit almost exactly level and have zero sag and no need for bags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Great looking set up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Scott. Congrats and good luck!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update,, picked up the 311BHS last Thursday. Towed it 3.5 hours home with no issues. Definitely heavier than our previous tag, but was fine. I am glad I have air bags as I had to go up in psi to limit some bucking on bad roads. PDI went well with only a few issues being addressed. Camped in it the weekend and really like it. Nice camper.