User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdetroit View Post
    I had my first ever camping trip this last weekend and It was amazing. I reserved a full hook up site and it was great. I have a few questions that came up after the trip and I thank you in advance for the answers.

1. Did you install a lock for your bathroom? How did you do it?
    2. I looked everywhere but I did not see. Do you know if there is an access to an outlet at the dinette?
    3. The manual says use a refrigerator card to keep it open while storing, did yours come with one? the picture shows to take something from within the refrigerator.
    4. What size is the water heater drain plug? Do you remove it and drain after every trip? Can I replace it with one of those brass ones that looks like a faucet?
    5. Where do you fill air in tires? Can the gas stations go upto 80psi? I tried loves and didnt see one specific to trucks.
    6. Is there an indicator to show that, gas water heater is actively heating as in like ignition mode or something like that?
    7. If the refrigerator is running on propane and if I remove the battery kill switch, will it turn off the refrigerator?

Sorry if these are something I should have known. I tried to search most of it online but I didn't find any good answers.

Thanks again
    5. If you fill with nitrogen you will have cooler tires and the pressure will bot change with temp. The tires will last longer also. I have it in everything I have.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outlet in knee wall (back of dinette seat) left of theater seats/couch about a foot off the floor.
    The little gray items will hold refer doors open to allow air to circulate. Not to be used while trailer in motion.
    I carry a Slime compressor and most gas stations/truck stops.
    switches light up. You'll hear ignition and burner if using gas.
    Turning off kill switch cuts battery power from trailer. Yes refer stops.
    Good luck with your new toy.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plastics pieces you talk about are used to stop moisture build up when fridge isn't in use, only use them when trailers is stationary

Fridge on gas if you disconnect battery while fridge is running on gas it will shut gas valve off and effectively shut fridge off, you need 12 volts to operate gas valve at all times

I drain hot water tank always when not in use, replace plastic plug with brass one, typical size is 3/8” NPT. Water weighs roughly 8.4 pounds per gallon

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my first ever camping trip this last weekend and It was amazing. I reserved a full hook up site and it was great. I have a few questions that came up after the trip and I thank you in advance for the answers.

1. Did you install a lock for your bathroom? How did you do it?
    2. I looked everywhere but I did not see. Do you know if there is an access to an outlet at the dinette?
    3. The manual says use a refrigerator card to keep it open while storing, did yours come with one? the picture shows to take something from within the refrigerator.
    4. What size is the water heater drain plug? Do you remove it and drain after every trip? Can I replace it with one of those brass ones that looks like a faucet?
    5. Where do you fill air in tires? Can the gas stations go upto 80psi? I tried loves and didnt see one specific to trucks.
    6. Is there an indicator to show that, gas water heater is actively heating as in like ignition mode or something like that?
    7. If the refrigerator is running on propane and if I remove the battery kill switch, will it turn off the refrigerator?

Sorry if these are something I should have known. I tried to search most of it online but I didn't find any good answers.

Thanks again
    2. Ours has an outlet on the front side (as you're sitting on it) of the left bench seat. If you're sitting in it, stick your left hand down and feel around on the side behind your legs. It's rather hidden, but does occasionally come in useful for laptop, etc. when you're sitting at the dinette.
    3. I made a couple of wooden wedges (one for fridge and one for freezer door) and use bungee cords to hold them in place. I run the bungees from the door hinge (top hinge on the fridge door, bottom hinge on the freezer door), through the fridge door handle and hook them to the corner of the stove vent hood.
    4. Mine is 15/16". Yes, I drain the water system (including water heater) after every trip. I started doing this after I got the dreaded "rotten eggs" once some years back. Never had it again since I've been draining it.
    5. I carry a 12v Viair air compressor
    6. Don't think so. My water heater has 2 switches, one for electric and one for propane. I usually keep them both on, unless it's cold out and I'm trying to conserve my propane for the furnace. Anyway, they light up when they're turned on, but that just means they're turned on, not that they're actively heating. However, it's usually pretty easy to hear the gas burner when it's going.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7. When your fridge is running on propane it uses the 12 volts from the battery to ignite the propane gas. If you disconnect the battery in any way the fridge will not operate.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you please post a pic? Is your bathroom door similar to 2600RB?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190914_192140.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	22605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190914_192200.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	22606

Whoops! Sideways but you can see what we have and the doors are the same.
    Last edited by Rob&Vicki; 09-14-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed dometic CS and asked them if the cards came with the unit or do I need to buy them. They emailed me back and said they were on the way.
    They actually sent me 2 sets.
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am adding one more question to the list
    8. Did you install a TPMS? Did it have a repeater? If yes, where did you power it from? I like to travel with the battery kill switch out. So is there a way I can power right before the battery kill switch?
    We use a TireMinder Smart TPMS. The Rhino signal booster is mounted in the front pass-through storage compartment of our Imagine. Our signal booster is powered from switched 12V so it can be turned off:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...838#post213838

If you travel with the trailer's battery disconnect switch turned off, does it prevent the truck from keeping the trailer's battery charged?
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd add my comments here in addition to those already posted.

1. No, just my wife and I travel so no need to lock the door. Unless you count the nosy German Shepherd we have :-)
    2. As you look at the dinette, it's under the table on the inner face of the left seat. You could also plug a power bar into the outlet behind theater chairs (if you have those), and rid yourself of the inevitable "power adapter fell out of the plug" issue that is common with the seats.
    3. We got two gray plastic "cards" with the manuals that insert into the latch and will keep the doors open for air circulation when the fridge is off, but we just leave the doors ajar slightly to accomplish the same thing.
    4. As mentioned before, 15/16". Do NOT use a brass replacement unless you use a plastic adapter between the tank and brass. You run the risk of galvanic corrosion if you have two dissimilar metals touching in plumbing.
    5. I have a non-portable air compressor at home, and will use a gas station as a last resort if the air pump is in a reachable spot (that can be difficult at times). I typically go to tire stores for top-ups if needed, especially ones that service semi-trucks - way more room for access. I'm going to purchase a portable compressor next year before we go camping, as that will just be easier and allow me to top-up at our camping site if needed.
    6. You should be able to hear the heater while it's running on propane, they're pretty loud. Of course, that doesn't help if someone is hearing impaired, so best I can say is checking visually via the access panel or holding your hand near (not on, because it gets hot!) the panel vent.
    7. I'm actually not 100% sure, but my guess is that it probably would.

Hope that helps!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another question

9. If the TV stays connected to the TT through the 7 pin harness overnight, will it also drain the TV battery?
    Yes it will!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast