User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fellow 2600RB owners and experts

I had my first ever camping trip this last weekend and It was amazing. I reserved a full hook up site and it was great. I have a few questions that came up after the trip and I thank you in advance for the answers.

1. Did you install a lock for your bathroom? How did you do it?
    2. I looked everywhere but I did not see. Do you know if there is an access to an outlet at the dinette?
    3. The manual says use a refrigerator card to keep it open while storing, did yours come with one? the picture shows to take something from within the refrigerator.
    4. What size is the water heater drain plug? Do you remove it and drain after every trip? Can I replace it with one of those brass ones that looks like a faucet?
    5. Where do you fill air in tires? Can the gas stations go upto 80psi? I tried loves and didnt see one specific to trucks.
    6. Is there an indicator to show that, gas water heater is actively heating as in like ignition mode or something like that?
    7. If the refrigerator is running on propane and if I remove the battery kill switch, will it turn off the refrigerator?

Sorry if these are something I should have known. I tried to search most of it online but I didn't find any good answers.

Thanks again

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3. Two plastic clips to hold freezer and fridge doors open. They won’t hold in transit, so we don’t use them anymore, we just leave the doors wide open. You’re welcome to have ours.

6. If the loud burner isn’t an indication, wait a few minutes and run some hot water. It’s that fast. If it was taking too long, two things you could check- the outdoor sprayer (or shower if you have one) are turned off, or, second, the water heater “bypass” valve is in the correct position for normal plumbing use (not bypassed, for winterizing). There’s a picture in your manual. Both those will leave you without hot water, even though the burner is running.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdetroit View Post
    I had my first ever camping trip this last weekend and It was amazing. I reserved a full hook up site and it was great. I have a few questions that came up after the trip and I thank you in advance for the answers.

1. Did you install a lock for your bathroom? How did you do it?
    2. I looked everywhere but I did not see. Do you know if there is an access to an outlet at the dinette?
    3. The manual says use a refrigerator card to keep it open while storing, did yours come with one? the picture shows to take something from within the refrigerator.
    4. What size is the water heater drain plug? Do you remove it and drain after every trip? Can I replace it with one of those brass ones that looks like a faucet?
    5. Where do you fill air in tires? Can the gas stations go upto 80psi? I tried loves and didnt see one specific to trucks.
    6. Is there an indicator to show that, gas water heater is actively heating as in like ignition mode or something like that?
    7. If the refrigerator is running on propane and if I remove the battery kill switch, will it turn off the refrigerator?

Sorry if these are something I should have known. I tried to search most of it online but I didn't find any good answers.

Thanks again
    1. Nope, just us...

2. Don't think so. Should be one behind the theater seats if you have them.

3. The little cards haven't come out for us but we only use them when we store it and it's not moving. Keeps the mold out.

4. Not sure.

5. I fill at home but my little compressor gets slow up near 80psi.

6. No, but if you walk outside you can hear it.

7. Haven't tried but it should. My kill switch stops everything but the tongue jack, iirc.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    3. Two plastic clips to hold freezer and fridge doors open. They won’t hold in transit, so we don’t use them anymore, we just leave the doors wide open. You’re welcome to have ours.

6. If the loud burner isn’t an indication, wait a few minutes and run some hot water. It’s that fast. If it was taking too long, two things you could check- the outdoor sprayer (or shower if you have one) are turned off, or, second, the water heater “bypass” valve is in the correct position for normal plumbing use (not bypassed, for winterizing). There’s a picture in your manual. Both those will leave you without hot water, even though the burner is running.
    N
    3. Ah the manual sounded like you could travel with the clips in place. If that doesnt work, I am going to find some DIY thing I can use.
    6. I did have hot water but the electric part was heating it up and whenever I checked, my furnace was off. So I couldnt figure out if its working or not. I am assuming I can run the water heater on just gas and turn off electric?

Thank you for your response.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdetroit View Post
    3. Ah the manual sounded like you could travel with the clips in place. If that doesnt work, I am going to find some DIY thing I can use.
    6. I did have hot water but the electric part was heating it up and whenever I checked, my furnace was off. So I couldnt figure out if its working or not. I am assuming I can run the water heater on just gas and turn off electric?

Thank you for your response.
    I was in my 20s when I discovered that clothes dryers and water heaters could run on electricity. My headset is just certain things work better on gas, others work better on electricity (ask me about my propane string trimmer). Anyway, yes, turn off the electric switch and turn on the gas switch when you want the water heater burner to fire up. We turn our gas switch on for shower and breakfast dishes, then turn it off for the rest of the day. If dinner is from the grill on paper plates, we just wait til morning to wash the silverware/utensils.
    As for the refrigerator doors, if you are storing it, you can just leave them open. We always check inside before hooking up and moving it, and there are the doors, wide open. I can’t think we’d ever forget, in fact, even when they’re closed, I’m always pushing on them to ensure the latch actually caught. But if you’re afraid you’ll forget, you could put it on a checklist.
    Last edited by Houndbb; 09-09-2019 at 01:20 PM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “4. What size is the water heater drain plug? Do you remove it and drain after every trip? Can I replace it with one of those brass ones that looks like a faucet?”

I completely missed your number 4! No, don’t put anything metal in contact with the water heater drain plug hole. You can use a nylon nipple to connect a metal valve for easier draining and there are several threads on here to instruct you how to do this safely. They even have pictures and links for parts. Search for water heater drain plug or water heater drain mod.
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 09-09-2019 at 01:23 PM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water heater drain plug is 1/2". You can run the water heater on gas, electric, or gas and electric at the same time if you need faster heating. Just walk in your bathroom and you'll be able to hear when it is heating with gas.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    “4. What size is the water heater drain plug? Do you remove it and drain after every trip? Can I replace it with one of those brass ones that looks like a faucet?”

I completely missed your number 4! No, don’t put anything metal in contact with the water heater drain plug hole. You can use a nylon nipple to connect a metal valve for easier draining and there are several threads on here to instruct you how to do this safely. They even have pictures and links for parts. Search for water heater drain plug or water heater drain mod.
    N
    I dont think I had the right words while searching. I see it now. I might make one of those extension mods for the water heater. Thanks. The one I was asking about was something I saw on amazon. And it is metal by camco.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Inch-11...gateway&sr=8-6

Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    The water heater drain plug is 1/2". You can run the water heater on gas, electric, or gas and electric at the same time if you need faster heating. Just walk in your bathroom and you'll be able to hear when it is heating with gas.
    Thats good to know, I always had the electric on and so whenever I looked I didnt see the gas heater lighting up. And I was not sure if it is ok to turn off electric and run just on gas. So I am assuming if I do not have shore power, you can only run gas water heater?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the 2017 2600RB the dinette outlet is by your left ankle as you sit on the bench farthest from the bedroom
    Dometic has some blue plastic cards that work to keep the doors open when stored. Not so much when traveling
    No,but you can hear it ignite. Ours works great!
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 09-10-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    On the 2017 2600RB the dinette outlet is by your left ankle as you sit on the bench farthest from the bedroom
    Dometic has some blue plastic cards that work to keep the doors open when stored. Not so much when traveling
    80 is too much. The recommended COLD tire pressure is on the yellow sticker on the street side of the TT, mine is 65 psi
    No,but you can hear it ignite. Ours works great!
    Fwiw, my 2019 shows 80psi on the yellow sticker. Mine was built in 12/2018 and has the 4400lb axles.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast