User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im hoping so. I dont see too many out there with this model and the dual pane windows. Was curious how much extra weight they added.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took delivery of a Solitude 385GK R with every option including double pain windows. The published weight on the GD website is 13,336. My unit came in at 13954. A 618 lb difference. So I have added 618 lbs for the windows, slide toppers, and residential frig. Not sure how much the rv frig weighs compared to the residential. I am guessing the windows added at least 400 lbs. The 385 looks to have a few more windows than the 3740. Hope this helps give you a ballpark estimate even if we have different units.
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does help! Thanks for the info.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are welcome. I should note that I had the dealer install an Onan 6500 generator so the genny is not included in the 13,954 delivery weight.
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Options I have are slide toppers, king bed, heat pump, dual pane windows and generator. (Propane fridge)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8672F52E-7FB7-4C51-8DFE-5D64B969532A.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	475.7 KB 
ID:	24380
    Trailer: 2019 Solitude S-Class 3740BH
    Old trailer: 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 27DBHS (Sold)
    Old trailer: 2010 Heartland Sundance 3300RLB (always leaked, then rotted! Layout was good, but build was junk.)
    Old trailer: 1992 Prowler 5th 27.5N

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie Aisin
    Old truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie 68RFE
    Old truck: 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins QuadCab 4x4 SRW Laramie 6spd

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    Not sure how much the rv frig weighs compared to the residential.
    I can answer this as I have been doing all the research to switch my 375 over to a residential fridge. The Norcold 18 cf propane/12V fridge weighs 330 pounds and the Samsung 18cf residential weighs a cool(pardon the pun) 100 pounds LESS at 230 pounds. It will be nice to take 100 pounds out of that much heavier street side slide!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCL View Post
    I order the same model and all the add-ons like you did. ( not due in till early March ) Have you had yours weighed yet? Can you take a picture of the info tag with weights and such on it? I am curious the dry weight with the gen and duel pane windows.
    Im worried that will all of that the cargo capacity of the trailer will be very little!
    The dry weight off the line was 14336, giving us a cargo capacity of 2464#. We have removed the couch from bunkhouse, which should give us a little more capacity. We will be fully moved in at the beginning of March. I plan to weigh the truck and the truck/trailer on our first trip fully loaded. I am guessing that our pin weight will be about 3800# fully loaded. Our max payload on the truck is 4675#. I will share the final numbers once I get it to the cat scale.

I just got the Titan Disk Brakes installed today (Performance Trailer Braking). Really looking forward to the first pull!
    Full-time as of March 1, 2020
    2019 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Long Bed, Andersen Ultimate Connection 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch System, Air Lift LoadLifter 7500 XL w/compressor
    2020 Solitude 3740BH R
    Titan Disk Brakes
    Onan Generator, TheDryCampers Installed Solar, Slide-Out Awnings

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you buy any batteries for the solar setup? I've been looking at getting one or two 100ah of the battleborn batteries....they are just so darn expensive!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCL View Post
    Did you buy any batteries for the solar setup? I've been looking at getting one or two 100ah of the battleborn batteries....they are just so darn expensive!
    We currently have the 2 stock batteries included. They are terrible.

I am currently having issues with the solar installed by GD. I am picking up a replacement battery charge controller later this week. If that addresses the issue, I plan to purchase 2 Battle Born batteries to start with (using a 10% off discount code). We plan to Boondock 50% of the time and will not want to run the generator that often. That said, we will likely have to add solar panels (only have 1 300 watt panel from GD). We can add up to 3 more panels with the current setup. We may also need a 3rd battery (TBD). When you get solar from GD, they include an upgraded 2K watt inverter that is wired to the Fridge (residential), furnace, TVs and several GFCI outlets.
    Next on the list is a full interior painting (white). I am having this professionally done due to time constraints.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a public code you can share for the 10% off the batteries? Any other issues with yours since you got at? Anything I should pay extra attention to during the PDI?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast