User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couch disintegrating

We are a military family and we had our 2016 385 in storage for 3 years while we were stationed in Germany. We just got it all cleaned up and ready for the road but we noticed that our couch is disintegrating each time we touch it. The foam is showing through and we have resorted to putting blankets over it to protect what is left. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank You,
    Amy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many people have had this issue, including us, with a 2015 model year. If you do a search, you will find a wealth of complaints, but not much in the way of reasonable solutions. We have been looking for some type of replacements,( plural due to the fact that each piece is doing the same thing ), for about a year w/o any answers. If you do find a replacement, please post it, as many people would be thankful, including us.

Gordofuchs
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and good morning Amy and Gordo.
    We had the same issues with our recliners and pull out couch. Grand Design told us it's a Leppert issue. At the National rally we spoke to Leppert, told them of the problem, with in minutes they said they would give us 50% off the regular price, install them , and take old ones away at the rally. They have a cloth model we went with. They are Thomas Payne. They are a little smaller in size, but comfortable, they are lighter in color, brightens up the interior of the camper.
    Gordo , I love your choice in rigs (305RE )
    Hope this helps .
    Safe travels and good health.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned, this is a common problem; here is a link to one of the discussions: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...eferrerid=8240
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can google "bonded leather". I can tell you that once it starts it accelerates very quickly.

My personal opinion.....bonded leather is junk! We bought a european lounge chair and ottoman for the sticks and bricks a few years ago and it lasted just about one year. So when we got the Momentum, I bought covers for each of the sofas. So far, in this rig, it's all still good. Also much warmer to sit on in the winter months (we're full time).

I did have a chance to see the new cloth material at the Grand Design National Rally in Goshen, Indiana a couple of weeks ago and I liked it but the wife not so much.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg