User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

2020 Momentum 25G Fresh water tank emptys

There’s other solutions that are more complicated but this one takes 5 secs to complete and it’s the simplest.
    At least for the pigpag1’s Momentum and our Reflection.
    Incidentally we are caravanning with a couple that has a Reflection 315 and they noticed they were losing 3/4 of their fresh water when they recently started joining us for boondocking. We popped a Sharkbite on their overflow and now they’re setup too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 10-07-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    There’s other solutions that are more complicated but this one takes 5 secs to complete and it’s the simplest.
    At least for the pigpag1’s Momentum and our Reflection.
    Incidentally we are caravanning with a couple that has a Reflection 315 and they noticed they were losing 3/4 of their fresh water when they recently started joining us for boondocking. We popped a Sharkbite on their overflow and now they’re setup too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FWIW, just installing a shut off valve didn't completely solve my problem. I would get to camping site, open the valve and precious water would start to drain out right away. I concocted a pvc riser to get vent above tank on outside of trailer. Now it works without draining. I like the idea of running the vent up into the nautilus area like was posted earlier. May have to mod again.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you possibly just add a piece of pex and run it to the front of the trailer behind the propane bottles or something to get it higher than the tank?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXsurfer View Post
    Could you possibly just add a piece of pex and run it to the front of the trailer behind the propane bottles or something to get it higher than the tank?
    Great idea. Not much farther and it would be out of the way.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone explain how the two 25G tanks are plumbed? I assume the fill goes in to the front tank and then uses a transfer tube to fill the rear tank? Because you have a transfer tube couldn't you just vent the rear tank? I have the ball valves on the end of the over-flow - can I keep the forward one closed while I fill the tank and use just the rear over flow as the tell-tale that it's full? It wastes a fair amount of water waiting for both overflows to drip/run...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't answer your question because I could never figure it out myself on my unit. One thing I did do was to tie both FW tank drains together and run a pex line to the middle jack on driver's side. Put a hose connection on the end and now I bottom fill the tanks instead of going thru the Nautilus system. Much faster and you can fill either or both tanks by opening or closing the dump valves.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tied the two overflows with sharkbite connections and PEX and ran a length up to the utility bay - elbowed it and went in through the hose port. Left about 8" above the floor level of the trailer. Should work and was easy to do.. Colorado here Icome

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That works for the water loss problem as you are going down the road. My post above deals with the tank drains not vents (overflows).
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a 2021 28G and experienced the water loss problem twice.

On our first trip we lost all of our water we added from our home in Albuquerque NM to our boondocking spot in South Fork Co. We always carry extra water but could not add to the fresh tank due to the GD water fill design. As I sat there and looked at the water valve options I saw the "Sanitize" option...hmm I thought to my self, where does the sanitize solution go??? Bingo! We hooked up our water hose to the Sanitize port, turn the valves to "Sanitize" and put the other end of the hose in our 6 gal water container and turned the pump on. it sucked it up and into the fresh water tank! We did have to go in town and refill our 6 gal water containers but we carry 6 of them so we at least we were good for a few days!

We just got home from our second trip and this time we filled our tank at the visitor center in South Fork. They only charge 2 dollars! When we got to our camp spot we were down to 3/4 full and water was running our the vent tube. We put an empty water container under it to save as much as we could.

We do nothing but dry camp and this is a problem I cant live with! When in town I contacted Scott, he is the regional manager at GD for my area in New Mexico. His solution was this.

#1 - fill the tank with a water pressure regulator valve. He claims it should be under 20 lbs of pressure. Something about too much pressure in the tank will cause the water to siphon out the over flow tube.
    #2 - Add the shut off valve at the overflow tube. He did caution us to make sure to open it when we arrive at our campsite.

He claims to have have owned the 28G and he had the same issues with water loss.

Were probably done camping here for the year but plan to try the water pressure regulator and shut off valve next spring.
    Last edited by Louis s; 10-25-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issues with my 295RL and went with option #2 . Took 2 minutes to instal the shut off valve on the overflow tube and has worked great!.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast