User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My older Starcraft expandable has the tank vent hooked to the vent tube on the outside water fill port. My 21BHE has the same port, so why didn't GD hook up the vent there? Just run the vent line next to the fill hose and push it on the vent connection.
    2019 Grand Design 21BHE
    2012 GMC Yukon
    Other toys
    1929 Model A Ford Roadster
    1931 Model A Station Wagon

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go with option 2, don't forget to open the valve when you reach destination as you don't want to create a negative pression in the water when you water pump comes on. Also, when I am on the road with the valve closed and water pump turned off, I open the cold water tap in the washroom to ensure I don't get negative/positive pressure in the system if I am going up or down in altitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just bought a 2021 28G and experienced the water loss problem twice.

On our first trip we lost all of our water we added from our home in Albuquerque NM to our boondocking spot in South Fork Co. We always carry extra water but could not add to the fresh tank due to the GD water fill design. As I sat there and looked at the water valve options I saw the "Sanitize" option...hmm I thought to my self, where does the sanitize solution go??? Bingo! We hooked up our water hose to the Sanitize port, turn the valves to "Sanitize" and put the other end of the hose in our 6 gal water container and turned the pump on. it sucked it up and into the fresh water tank! We did have to go in town and refill our 6 gal water containers but we carry 6 of them so we at least we were good for a few days!

We just got home from our second trip and this time we filled our tank at the visitor center in South Fork. They only charge 2 dollars! When we got to our camp spot we were down to 3/4 full and water was running out the vent tube. We put an empty water container under it to save as much as we could.

We do nothing but dry camp and this is a problem I cant live with! When in town I contacted Scott, he is the regional manager at GD for my area in the New Mexico. His solution was this.

#1 - fill the tank with a water pressure regulator valve. He claims it should be under 20 lbs of pressure.
    #2 - Add the shut off valve at the overflow tube. He did caution us to make sure to open it when we arrive at our campsite.

Were probably done camping here for the year but plan to try the low pressure regulator and turn off valve
    Last edited by Louis s; 10-26-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why hasn't GD fixed this issue? It isn't new, this has been a known problem for several years. When I had my 2019 21BHE at the dealer for a list of repairs, the tech contacted GD about the water issue and they told him to loop the hose around on top of the tank, then run it down. The work order is from April 2019.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Water Loss.jpg  
    2019 Grand Design 21BHE
    2012 GMC Yukon
    Other toys
    1929 Model A Ford Roadster
    1931 Model A Station Wagon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing the work order. My 28G is still under warranty and I'm making plans to take it in and get this fixed! Ridiculous that we have to deal with this!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the tip. We just picked up a 2021 31G and have the exact same problem as you all. I just bought some shark bite valves for our next trip. In the long term I’ll look at running some PEX to a high point like the others. Other issue is website says 100 gallon tanks. Our build sheet shows 90 gallons, but when I fill the tanks using a water meter I hit about 83 gallons before the over flows start draining. We also have our FW gauge show empty and water pump not picking up water. But when I go to open the FW drain valves a ton of water is coming out. Anyone else have that issue?

Thanks everyone,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCamper View Post
    Thanks everyone for the tip. We just picked up a 2021 31G and have the exact same problem as you all. I just bought some shark bite valves for our next trip. In the long term I’ll look at running some PEX to a high point like the others. Other issue is website says 100 gallon tanks. Our build sheet shows 90 gallons, but when I fill the tanks using a water meter I hit about 83 gallons before the over flows start draining. We also have our FW gauge show empty and water pump not picking up water. But when I go to open the FW drain valves a ton of water is coming out. Anyone else have that issue?

Thanks everyone,

Make sure your Nautilus valves are set to the correct position for dry camping before you run your FW pump.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Make sure your Nautilus valves are set to the correct position for dry camping before you run your FW pump.
    Yes, thanks we have been putting it on dry camp while boondocking. I have forgotten to switch them a few times already

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to state the obvious. Only other thing I can think of would be an airlocked pump. Try opening a faucet before you turn on the pump to prime it.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Had to state the obvious. Only other thing I can think of would be an airlocked pump. Try opening a faucet before you turn on the pump to prime it.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    True, our third trailer but first GD. We bleed the lines at camp and everything is fine until the FW goes from full to empty. Curios how the pump picks up water from the tanks or how they are plumbed together. Was wondering if our pick up line is not touching the bottom or something to that effect. Our last trailer would show empty on the FW gauge but the pump still would pick up water until the tank was near bone dry.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast