Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bw companion hitch

I have a f350 and a 310gek setup. The hitch is new and was wondering if anyone has the same setup and could tell me what holes and the direction of the brackets
    Thanks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have mine set to the highest height, I believe it's 18.5 inches, and the arms angled rearward. This gives me about 6 1/2 inches of bedrail clearance and I can also walk between the lowered tailgate and the front of the trailer if need be.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried a couple of settings and have settled on the middle holes (height) and arms forward for my use. Set TV & trailer in sig below. You do not say what year and rear wheel setup (single or dual) you have. The 2017 and newer TV are quite high and the dually sits about 1" lower than the SRW.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbbaily View Post
    tell me what holes and the direction of the brackets.
    I raised the hitch as high as possible, as far back as possible, with the brackets pointing back. This was after I grazed the front of the 5er cab on the back of my TV. Now I have a much better turning radius, but I still wish I had the slider hitch for some turns.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff, i have the same setup as yours same truck but with a Solitude S 2930rl, the problem i have is with my new BW Companion hitch, i have it setup on the lowest setting and the gab between the truck bed rail and the bottom of the camper is about 5" and the camper is about 1.5" lower at the rear (believe the camper is close to be as level as possible) if i raise the hitch to the middle stand, i will get about 6.25" clearance (truck to camper ) and the camper will not be level, the height difference is 4.75" to the rear.
    what is your suggestion or recommendation ?
    thannks

Gerry

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryh View Post
    Jeff, i have the same setup as yours same truck but with a Solitude S 2930rl, the problem i have is with my new BW Companion hitch, i have it setup on the lowest setting and the gab between the truck bed rail and the bottom of the camper is about 5" and the camper is about 1.5" lower at the rear (believe the camper is close to be as level as possible) if i raise the hitch to the middle stand, i will get about 6.25" clearance (truck to camper ) and the camper will not be level, the height difference is 4.75" to the rear.
    what is your suggestion or recommendation ?
    thannks

Gerry
    I wouldn't think that raising the hitch up one adjustment hole would make that big a difference in the rear trailer height measurement. I believe on the Companion each adjustment up or down is only 1-1.5 inches in hitch head height. So if you go up one more bolt hole on the hitch you should be at 3" low in the back at most, that's nothing at all to worry about. The bed rail clearance is the most important thing. If you can get 6 inches plus you should be good. I would try it and see what it looks like. You can always load the trailer a little heavier in the front to raise the rear also.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff, thanks i will rise the hitch to the middle position and see what happens.
    Gerry