User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    I have to say that I am holding off on making reservations because of COVID-19. While I'd love to meet with everyone, I am not sure it would be as much fun if we were all standing 10 feet from each other around a campfire. I have to say I am not optimistic that this virus is going to disappear with the warm weather. Incidentally we are in a KOA outside of Harrisonburg VA after visiting one of our kids. While driving thru PA on I81, we saw that all the rest stops were closed off. You couldn't even pull off to rest. I don't know how the truckers like this, but I was quite annoyed. NY, MD and VA rest area parking areas were all open. Didn't even try to go in the bathrooms, so I've no idea what their status is. We are moving on to Pigeon River TN today and will return to "shut-down" NY next week. We are finding private campgrounds are open, with limited services. Gas is cheaper than I've seen in 20 years. Paid $1.81 at a Costco. $1.95 in VA is the lowest regular gas station price I've seen. Life in Virginia seems pretty normal, with the exception of bars, restaurants and colleges and schools, everything is open.
    Things here in PA are quite confused between what the governor has spoken and subsequent clarity provided by memos and then the broad interpretation of those memos. For instance, every business that is not relied upon for preserving and sustaining health or life is to be closed per the governor's speech yesterday. Now, go through the State and some landfills are operating as usual and some have closed under this decree. Personally, I interpret landfills as essential to preserving health IF our waste can get to them. Another example is in the memo where rental companies can remain open, which I am sure the intention was for those that rent medical devices, generators, and the like, but two major landscape equipment rental companies are using that to stay open... Inconsistency is confusion. While I digressed to other examples, this is why the PA rest stops are shuddered - the workers who maintain them are considered non-essential, but I think a common understanding is that rest stops are pretty important to preserving health considering the damage an exhausted driver can do... So, perhaps stated better, there are unintended consequence.

I'm maintaining a wait and see position along with Nikki. While we both enjoy being social, our lives' path has taken us many places and through many challenges where we have relied only on one another. I truly believe this too shall pass, but obviously when it does there will be some changes to daily life. There will eventually be an immunization and treatments developed where those who get the worse of it can be more comfortable and increase the odds of recovery for those bad cases, just like Flu B. What I believe, in my one man's opinion, is the we, all the people of the world, need to build the time buffer for those experts, scientists, and doctors to gain on achieving these outcomes through social distancing and change of behavior. The one thing about mankind - it is one of the most adaptable forms of life the Earth has ever been populated by!

Sorry for my thread tangent, but it fell inline with the post by @Dadeo5472, and felt like a little campfire conversation ala keyboard!

Stay safe and happy camping!
    Last edited by geotex1; 03-21-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of knee jerk reactions going on which is confusing to everyone. One that I like - All Beer, Wine, and Liquor stores are closed and considered non-essential. All beer distributers are considered essential (I don't disagree...) and are open...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should probably keep the topic in this thread related to the actual trip. Those who have reservations will, of course decide when and if they choose to cancel. If the campground will be closed on the dates we’ve reserved, JJ will, of course, post that information here. The admins have been very gracious about opening the first post, so the poster can edit for any new information. Thanks,
    Nancy

In other words, please keep your covids socially distanced in the covid area
    Last edited by Houndbb; 03-21-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    We should probably keep the topic in this thread related to the actual trip. Those who have reservations will, of course decide when and if they choose to cancel. If the campground will be closed on the dates we’ve reserved, JJ will, of course, post that information here. The admins have been very gracious about opening the first post, so the poster can edit for any new information. Thanks,
    Nancy

In other words, please keep your covids socially distanced in the covid area

Thanks Nancy,
    Some how I missed the last several post.
    I do appreciate the information you are sending. I understand your frustrations, I am also going through them.
    This thread is up to 124 posts and 13 pages (there's that number again Nancy ) , it's a lot to try and go through to fine information if I need to get information out to you,
    please help by staying on point " The Gathering ".
    As stated, this was not a rally, there for no regersterion fees to be refunded. I would suggest you check what Twin Grove's cancelation and refund policy is should the campground shuts down, or you decide not to participate. Check your receipt or go on line .
    I will check with the campground some time in the middle of May on their status, if I do not hear anything beforehand.
    I thank you for your support, and hope you and all your families are safe and healthy. We will get through this.
    God bless you and your families with good health.
    As always, safe travels and good health.
    John and Carol Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    !!!!!!!!! NOTICE !!!!!!!
    We have the dates set for the "Pa/NY Gathering 2020. They are July 24-25-26 2020.
    We are meeting at Twin Grove RV Resort
    1445 Suedberg Road
    Pine Grove, PA. 17963.
    717-865-4602
    www.twingrove.com
    When calling for reservations, ask for sites in the " RV Central Resort Pull-thru Full -hook up " or ask to be placed near or around site V12. If you chose to book online through their website, pick map 3 then any site with a green dot.

The fees are: Monday to Wednesday 45.00 per day, and Thursday to Sunday 52.00 per day. They do offer Good Sam and Military discounts.
    Hi...I just checked out the campground and found it fully booked except for map 1. I thought this would be a good place to meet fellow GD campers as we just bought a 2021 Solitude 377 MBS. I’ll call them Monday and see if there is anything closer to the group or get on a waiting list for cancellations. Now I’ll go complete my profile and signature.

Dennis & Pat
    2021 Solitude 377 MBS
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Western New York

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    Hi...I just checked out the campground and found it fully booked except for map 1. I thought this would be a good place to meet fellow GD campers as we just bought a 2021 Solitude 377 MBS. I’ll call them Monday and see if there is anything closer to the group or get on a waiting list for cancellations. Now I’ll go complete my profile and signature.

Dennis & Pat
    2021 Solitude 377 MBS
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Western New York
    Hello and good morning Dennis and Pat.
    Welcome to the Grand Design family and to the forum. There are many great and helpful people here with useful information.
    Thank you for your interest in our "Gathering ". I want to state again, this is NOT a rally. We are a group of Grand Design owners getting together.
    There is no waiting list on our part.
    There are 16 rigs attending so far. I know there is no spots near us , but the area you mentioned is not too far away.
    Again, welcome to the family, forum, and hope you decide to join us.
    John 《 JJ 》 Joscelyne
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    Hello and good morning Dennis and Pat.
    Welcome to the Grand Design family and to the forum. There are many great and helpful people here with useful information.
    Thank you for your interest in our "Gathering ". I want to state again, this is NOT a rally. We are a group of Grand Design owners getting together.
    There is no waiting list on our part.
    There are 16 rigs attending so far. I know there is no spots near us , but the area you mentioned is not too far away.
    Again, welcome to the family, forum, and hope you decide to join us.
    John 《 JJ 》 Joscelyne
    Thanks for the kind words. When I said waiting list, I meant perhaps the campground would put me on a list wanting to take a cancellation in the area of the GD “Gathering”.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. When I said waiting list, I meant perhaps the campground would put me on a list wanting to take a cancellation in the area of the GD “Gathering”.
    I figured that was thought, just wanted to be clear. Good luck in your booking process and hope you do join us.
    Again, welcome and thanks.
    JJ

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up the count by 1 RV! I just made a reservation for 7/23-26. We are in A08, but will be moved to the Central area should a cancellation occur. We look forward to meeting you all at our first Grand Design Gathering.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to meeting you!
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast