User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the recommendation and I do have to agree with you. Going up for the PDI was not too bad. But coming back that evening, even though it was a Saturday and with just the truck, traffic was a nightmare, roads were bad and it was a can of worms. I do recall going through there years ago and ended up taking 481. Much nicer ride even back then and will definitely be taking that route back.
    JBo

Jeff Bowen (AKA JBo)
    US Army (SSG, Retired 1993)
    2018 Ford F350 (Gas, Short Bed, SRW) - Traded in
    2019 GMC 3500 Denali HD (Diesel, Long Bed, DRW, 4x4)
    2020 Momentum 351M (All but a couple options, Reese Gooseneck Air Ride Box, Furrion Camera System)
    2014 H-D Street Glide Special (customized)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbowen53 View Post
    Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the recommendation and I do have to agree with you. Going up for the PDI was not too bad. But coming back that evening, even though it was a Saturday and with just the truck, traffic was a nightmare, roads were bad and it was a can of worms. I do recall going through there years ago and ended up taking 481. Much nicer ride even back then and will definitely be taking that route back.
    JBo
    I’m so relieved to hear it. Years ago, I was driving the center lane (tiny Toyota pickup) and a station wagon (yeah, THAT long ago) sped past in the left lane, clipped my side view ( mine was fine, but he lost his). I also forgot to add that not only are the lanes super narrow and the on/off ramps super short, if anything did happen-there are NO SHOULDERS!!!!! For miles. See you intact and in one piece in July!!!!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pine Grove! Reminds me of my days of going back and forth between Syracuse and DC.

Do we just make a reservation, or is there a group name that will get any special rate?
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    Pine Grove! Reminds me of my days of going back and forth between Syracuse and DC.

Do we just make a reservation, or is there a group name that will get any special rate?
    Hi Doug and Patti, and welcome (to both the forum and our little group)! No special rate for the group because we didn’t ask them to set aside a specific number of sites. A number of us are in the “X” section, in the low teens (sites are lettered and numbered). Before you call, you can view the CG map, but overall, I don’t think the CG is too large. JJ is in V12 and he’ll probably use his site for get-togethers. When you make reservations, round up on your stated trailer length. We have 13 so far, in X, V, Y, R, and one in J, so it’s not essential to get a site really close. Last year, we went to The Villages at Turning Stone and had a great time (you can read about that gathering in this, “Group Campouts and Rallies” as well. This is NOT a rally, just a little gathering of GD owners and folks don’t even need to be from PA or NY. Welcome, and looking forward to meeting you!
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 03-08-2020 at 04:18 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and good morning Doug and Patti.
    Welcome to the forum and the Grand Design family.
    As Nancy said there is NO group discount rate. The campground's payment policy is , the full payment is due at time of booking reservations.
    When you book, ask for sites near me V 12.
    Again, please remember, THIS IS NOT A RALLY. No Grand Design support.
    When and if you make reservations, please private message Nancy or myself your site number and dates . We are trying to keep a running list of attendees.
    Again, Doug and Patti, welcome, and hope we get to see you in July.
    As always, safe travels and good health.
    John 《 JJ 》 Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again Nancy.
    It looks like we may be getting our 14th rig for the gathering. I know how much you like "13".
    Anyway, spring is coming and so is Camping season! !!!!!!!!
    JJ
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like we're going to have another very good "gathering". Thanks JJ and Nancy for your efforts!! Looking forward to camping with you again!
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Doug and Patti, I wasn’t attending carefully yesterday. The CG is TWIN Grove. I just saw a 4-letter prefix to “Grove” and the Pine didn’t register with me. Only concerned because of the high likelihood that there is another PA campground with that name (pretty sure there is, in the Tioga area). Look above, I think JJ has posted the name, street address, and phone.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Sorry, Doug and Patti, I wasn’t attending carefully yesterday. The CG is TWIN Grove. I just saw a 4-letter prefix to “Grove” and the Pine didn’t register with me. Only concerned because of the high likelihood that there is another PA campground with that name (pretty sure there is, in the Tioga area). Look above, I think JJ has posted the name, street address, and phone.
    N
    Hi and good morning all.
    It is a bit confusing with the names for this campground.
    It is Twin Grove Campground and It is in Pine Grove , Pennsylvania. I know I I have turned the names around.

With this thread up to 11 pages, and the information on the first page and at post 73, I' ll repost here.

!!!!!!!!!!!!NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the dates set for the "Pa/NY Gathering 2020. They are July 24-25-26 2020.
    We are meeting at
    Twin Grove RV Resort
    1445 Suedberg Road
    Pine Grove, PA. 17963.
    717-865-4602
    www.twingrove.com
    When calling for reservations, ask for sites in the " RV Central Resort Pull-thru Full -hook up " or ask to be placed near or around site V12. If you chose to book online through their website, pick map 3 then any site with a green dot.

The fees are: Monday to Wednesday 45.00 per day, and Thursday to Sunday 52.00 per day. They do offer Good Sam and Military discounts

There are several of us that are arriving a day or two early and departing a day or two later.

Thanks for following along and are looking forward to meeting all in July.
    Come on camping season! !!!
    As always, safe travels and good health.
    John 《 JJ 》 Joscelyne

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These pictures are from the Y section looking up towards the one rest room/wash house.

Was early Spring 2019. We go up there several times a year.

Pull throughs are nice. We tend to stay in the Y section when available and use the pavilions for our group gatherings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 013.jpg   014.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast