User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p&j6865 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the Dometic 320 will fit in my 2018 297RSTS. Thanks, Paul if not the 310?
    Paul, I was hoping someone who knows for sure would answer you. In lieu of that, here's some experienced speculation.

The critical dimension is the distance from the center of each of the bolts holding the Thetford to the floor, to the wall behind the toilet. IIRC the Dometic 320 requires that dimension to be 11" BUT...

I and quite a few others here have not had any trouble plug-and-play installing it as a replacement for the Thetford, which IIRC requires 10" for that dimension. I've installed it in two GD trailers, no problem. I only remember a single report here of someone being unable to install the Dometic 320... that was in the rear bathroom of a Momentum I believe. I also remember just one report of someone having a challenge installing it... that person had to unscrew the flange of the downpipe under the toilet from the floor, pull it out from the wall, and rescrew it in the new position, five minutes' work which enlarged that critical dimension enough for a successful install. Most people, though, don't even have to work that hard at it, plug and play.

And worth it.
    Last edited by boyscout; 02-26-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just swapped the seat to the residential one. I'm not sure I can fit an elongated bowl in my setup, but if I can I may do that in the future. We didn't like the stock toilet seat at all. The concave underneath always collected moisture and the plastic was discoloring. We felt that we needed to wipe it down often with Clorox wipes. We swapped to a generic 16.5in seat, residential style and it is much better. Haven't had any moisture collecting under the seat and it doesn't smell like piss either. Either my entire family is somehow urinating differently, including my 6 year old or it was the seat.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one is being returned https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NAHULPE...P_l0Gsi8i3NMrU take a look at it right out of the box and put it back in ... going to try big box store again https://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-S...-303317081-_-N ... search continues ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12