User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a 2020 303RLS and 2019 F350 CCSB diesel and 20" wheels to pull it with. I had a lot of pre-purchase anguish about getting bed rail clearance while maintaining level, but I needn't have worried. B&W Companion slider on pucks, set to top height (19") and everything looks very level with 6.5" clearance at front and rear of bed rail, a touch less at the center of the tailgate. There are a lot of factors that can throw this off -- GVWR package, snow plow prep, weight of options to name a few. The main downside now is getting the hitch out if I need the full bed. It's a heavy son-of-a-gun. Will probably need some kind of hoist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 F350 CCSB 4x4 with Pullrite. Tow 310GK. Dealer had no problem setting it to pull level.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be selling my 16k Pullrite. It is a great hitch. Selling it just to reduce weight. Please reply if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a believer that you want more than you need. A 16k hitch is awful light. I'd look for a hitch with a little higher load rating.

My truck is a 2014 F-350 dually with Air Lift......the truck and the Momentum 376TH (20,000 lbs.) sits level. The Husky 5th wheel hitch and the pin box are both adjustable if you have the wrenches large enough.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20" wheels?

I'm curious, are the 20" wheels and tires rated for towing

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. No difference in tow ratings.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rombold2u View Post
    I'm curious, are the 20" wheels and tires rated for towing
    20" wheels have lower profile tires so the ride is a bit more harsh......but they look cool.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    20" wheels have lower profile tires so the ride is a bit more harsh......but they look cool.
    Actually that is not always the case. Since we are talking about the Ford F250/350 here, The standard 18" tire and optional 20" tire have the same tread width and aspect ratio (sidewall as a percent of tread width, the second set of numbers in the tire size) so the profiles are the same thus the 20's have a 2" larger diameter at the tread just like the wheel. Ford compensates for this by making the standard rear end ratios of 3.31 with the 18's and 3.55 with the 20's which make the engine RPM's virtually the same for a given speed and gear. The 20's do make the truck an inch taller which can add to an issue with nose high 5th wheel trailers with these already tall trucks.

Other brand trucks probably use different lower profile tires but I'm not sure since I'm a Ford truck guy.
    Last edited by HighFive; 09-19-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Actually that is not always the case. Since we are talking about the Ford F250/350 here, The standard 18" tire and optional 20" tire have the same tread width and aspect ratio (sidewall as a percent of tread width, the second set of numbers in the tire size) so the profiles are the same thus the 20's have a 2" larger diameter at the tread just like the wheel. Ford compensates for this by making the standard rear end ratios of 3.31 with the 18's and 3.55 with the 20's which make the engine RPM's virtually the same for a given speed and gear. The 20's do make the truck an inch taller which can add to an issue with nose high 5th wheel trailers with these already tall trucks.

Other brand trucks probably use different lower profile tires but I'm not sure since I'm a Ford truck guy.
    My 2012 F-250 came with 20" wheels and a lower profile tire than my 2014 F-350. Both are FX-4.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking about the 2017+ Ford Super Duty's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast