User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F350 - Can I get 5th wheel level?

We just purchased a 2119 Ford F350 CCSB. I would like to buy a Pullrite 16K superglide hitch. Will I be able to get our 303RLS level while towing with this setup? If so, any help or suggestions would be helpful and save time and frustration with trial and error on my part.
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel SRW CCSB
    2019 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not much of a hitch/pin installation guy, usually leave that up to the dealer. What little I do know is that you need to have a level place to do the work. Most hitches have some adjustment to them, requires really big wrenches, and the pin box on the RV can be adjusted up and down for big movement.

I had big worries about changing my Chevy 350 to the Ford F450, turns out I fussed about nothing. Try just stock installation first, you may be good to go.

I will eventually get air bags on my F450, I have some squat and a very slight nose down.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tow a 303RLS w/ a '19 F350 CCSB and the truck sits perfectly level when the 5th wheel is attached. I'm using a Reese 16K slider hitch set at as low as it will go and the fifth wheel is about 2" nose high. I could raise the pin box one set of holes and get the nose down an inch but it's close enough as it is for me now. Alsol have 9-10" of clearance between bed rail and trailer.

Also have an adapter plate for the hitch which adds probably close to 2" so if I changed hitches to one for the puck system we'd prolly be sitting at perfect level.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by John & Deb View Post
    We just purchased a 2119 Ford F350 CCSB. I would like to buy a Pullrite 16K superglide hitch. Will I be able to get our 303RLS level while towing with this setup? If so, any help or suggestions would be helpful and save time and frustration with trial and error on my part.
    I have a 2019 F350 CCSB with a demco autoslide. The hitch is mounted on the puck system at the middle height setting. I have not changed the Pin box from the factory height setting.
    When I connect the Solitude 310GK, its about perfectly level.
    My estimate is about 2600# on the pin, 220# hitch. In the truck is another 450# of cargo stuff including the wife and I.
    The only issue is that I am just about to touch the "helper" springs. So any little bumps in the road will engage the springs and it will bounce a little. This is not at all severe or even a problem, just something to be aware of. Some day I might consider air bags.
    Your hitch weight starts about 750# lighter than mine, so I think you will sit just a little high (depending on load). I referenced my numbers above for you to try and compare.
    My armchair guess is that you will be fine. Others here would be able to provide better experience, but I think being nose high an inch or two won't be an issue as long as you have clearance to the bed sides (~6in). There are adjustments in the Pullrite and the pin box to optimize the setup.
    Sounds like you need to buy more stuff for the trailer, maybe a nice toolbox for the truck?
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 2019 F350 CCSB and a 2019 303RLS. I have the B&W Companion slider hitch but as has been stated, the Pullrite should have some height adjustments. I have 7 1/2 " of bed rail clearance with about 7" at the middle of the tailgate with the slight rise of the Ford tailgates. My truck and trailer sit level and I'm very happy with the overall setup. Did you get a diesel or gas F350?

P.S. Just completed the Fence Post Mod. 3 of them. The third one is in front of the tires. Hard to see in the Pic. Love it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	22551
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My B&W hitch has adjustments up and down, front and back to get trailers perfectly adjusted. They're American made, and the quality is extremely good.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a DEMCO Hitchhiker slider. I have maybe a 2" pitch up from back to front of the RV so it's pretty level. I had it set on the middle hight when I had a RotoFlex hitch; with my MorRyde I have it set at it's lowest hight. Is the hight of the PullRite adjustable when using the Ford puck system?

I have about 4" clearance from to of bed to bottom of RV, so I have plans to lower the rear of my truck about 1.5" to 2" after this years travel and raise the hitch up to the middle hight to try to get that clearance to be a bit more.

btw - I had a PullRite the last time I had a 5ver. I choose Demco over PullRite this time so I didn't have to use the PullRite adapter plate on the hitch on the RV in case someone else has to pull my rig. And then I ended up with one anyway when I put a MorRyde - but I think it's easier to remove if someone with a non-slider has to pull my rig.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the posts, all were very helpful.
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel SRW CCSB
    2019 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 F350 with the B&W companion. I had the same concerns but with the B&W everything turned out well. If you’re interested, here’s my write up on the Ford truck forums.
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ally-over.html
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm late to the party, but my rig is very very close to yours.

My F350 has the pucks and the hitch is built for them. I think that saves a few inches in height. The killer is that neither the hitch or my trailer have any adjustments, and doesn't seem to need them!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast