User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    I place it so when the tennis ball starts to move, I’m lined up. It still takes me more that one try sometimes getting the side to side lined up but I’m not being timed so who cares.��
    The side to side alignment is easy because of the grooves in the truck bed, there are an odd number so the center one can be lined up with the Goose Box, I cannot see the ball though in the bed which is why depth is an issue for me - this would help address depth though.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the pic. wow, what a difference in footprint to the companion.

i assume that the ball assembly quick attaches to the center puck in my factory trailer prepped bed(no other holes required).

do you all know anyone interested in a six month old companion slider?
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember you’ll lose the sliding capability if you’re ever in need of a truly tight turn. If I was certain I would never need the sliding feature, I’d get the goosebox or a fixed-position B&W hitch (much lighter).
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel connection and love it.
    My camera takes me right over the ball.
    The best part 35lbs and can remove the hitch in five minutes and hang it in my garage.

2019 F350 Diesel, 2020 Solitude 310GK
    Miniature Schnauzer Stella

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using the goosebox for over a year now. The air bag and shocks really take the movement out. Much better than any hitch I’ve owned in the past. You can make a very tight turn, have never had a issue with that.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got over 20,000 miles on mine now and Im happy with it. The shocks and bags do help with “chucking” IMO, (so did the Bilstien shocks on the truck), and we have only rare chucking events usually on bad bridge transitions. Some thoughts , I have a CHMSL camera and its not much help with that, just not a good direction to see what you need. As others said hitting lateral center is easy, knowing when to stop backing is the issue, I have my wife watch (were full time), or I just go slow and stop for a look. Overall hitching is easy and usually a 2 min job. There are other solutions like the tennis ball on a magnet and stick etc. I can also say Reese C/S is top shelf. My shock bracket bolt came out, loose nut never tightened at the factory. They offered to upgrade me to a gen II and overnight it to me. I thought that was going the extra mile. Good luck
    Last edited by Tim2542; 09-18-2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    i am new to 5er's(bought my first one this past april). i paid big bucks for the bw companion slider. a little while ago i read a forum post about a goosebox hitch. wow. i was impressed. a much smaller footprint and alot less weight. don't have any idea what these things cost.

would appreciate anyone who has converted from one to the other to help me understand if that would be a thing for me to consider. i'm still trying to get comfortable with the hitching/unhitching process(is she locked or isn't she?). this goosebox would seem to alleviate my concerns.

if a goosebox is a good idea, then i'd have a near new companion slider i'd have to find a new home for.....

thanks
    Don't you have a Turning Point pin box? I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything that fits in place of it. However....Good news is you can use an Andersen Ultimate hitch as I have.
    https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/...onnection.aspx
    https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/...onnection.aspx
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    i am new to 5er's(bought my first one this past april). i paid big bucks for the bw companion slider. a little while ago i read a forum post about a goosebox hitch. wow. i was impressed. a much smaller footprint and alot less weight. don't have any idea what these things cost.

would appreciate anyone who has converted from one to the other to help me understand if that would be a thing for me to consider. i'm still trying to get comfortable with the hitching/unhitching process(is she locked or isn't she?). this goosebox would seem to alleviate my concerns.

if a goosebox is a good idea, then i'd have a near new companion slider i'd have to find a new home for.....

thanks
    I love my Goosebox. I bought the 20,000#, from the dealer and had him remove the 5th wheel hitch and install the box. Was the same price as buying a good receiver hitch. Gives me full use of my bed, without breaking my back. I have two portable cameras that I put in the bed while hooking up. Paid $120 and it makes it a breeze to hook up.

I wouldn’t go back to a standard 5th wheel hitch again.
    Good Luck!
    Wiley
    Wiley & Shelley
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 373FB (w/ Reese 20k Goose Box)
    2017 Ford F-350 FX-4 SRW w/ 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the dealer switch out the king pin to the 2nd gen goosebox before we even took delivery. The ride home wasn't as smooth as I had expected, so I did some research. Turns out that the goosebox has an air-adjustable shock system built in that Reese says should have between 35 and 50 psi in it. When I checked mine at home, it was at 0 psi. Guess my dealer is/was clueless as to this feature. Now that I have it dialed in at around 42 psi, the ride is terrific. I'd say that 99% of the chucking is now absorbed by the air shocks.
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, you should check out the Anderson goose hitch, it converts your fifth wheel pin to a ball hitch, it definitely cuts out the chuckiness of a traditional fifth wheel. The great thing about it, it's easy to use, easy to hitch, adjustable for heights and lengths to accommodate short boxes and gain box height clearance. You can take it from truck to truck much easier than a traditional fifth wheel. Great strength, lightweight, very easy to take in and out. Check out their videos you will want one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast