Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    What camera system you using?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s a cheap ($89 delivered) one I found on-line. I put a cigarette lighter plug on it for power and wired in the two cameras. I only bring the unit out for hitching and I attached magnets to the bed of my truck for quick connections.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F8B57014-980B-4197-9371-1E35D7206019.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	538.8 KB 
ID:	25400
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22971EF5-F9BD-49E8-928D-B2AB11E3DB4F.jpeg  
    Wiley & Shelley
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 373FB (w/ Reese 20k Goose Box)
    2017 Ford F-350 FX-4 SRW w/ 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WileyS View Post
    It’s a cheap ($89 delivered) one I found on-line. I put a cigarette lighter plug on it for power and wired in the two cameras. I only bring the unit out for hitching and I attached magnets to the bed of my truck for quick connections.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F8B57014-980B-4197-9371-1E35D7206019.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	538.8 KB 
ID:	25400
    I use my wife, two eyes, uses no power and a damn good warranty. Great setup I may purchase a similar setup.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one more,

I had the system that you are using. Looked like it was leading down a rocky path and very quiet drives. Didn’t want to go down that path and got the cameras real quick!
    Wiley & Shelley
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 373FB (w/ Reese 20k Goose Box)
    2017 Ford F-350 FX-4 SRW w/ 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning on getting the goose box for my 353G Toy hauler, but I am concerned it will not clear my truck bed rails. I am currently using a cody coupler and trying to decide if I should go with the B&W companion or the goose box. Has anyone had issues with the goose box hitting their truck bed rails? We often camp on uneven and unprepared surfaces. Thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley’s Toy Hauler View Post
    I was planning on getting the goose box for my 353G Toy hauler, but I am concerned it will not clear my truck bed rails. I am currently using a cody coupler and trying to decide if I should go with the B&W companion or the goose box. Has anyone had issues with the goose box hitting their truck bed rails? We often camp on uneven and unprepared surfaces. Thanks.
    I have the B&W goose box and turnover ball. If the standard ball that comes with it is too low you can purchase taller ones. I purchased one that I believe is 1.5” higher.
    Phillip and Jane
    2019 F250
    2019 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Reese goose box is adjustable for height. Mine is set at the mid-level and I've got about 8" of clearance over my bed rail. Haven't had a problem yet. But I also know that no matter how much clearance one has, very uneven ground coupled with the truck being at an angle to the 5'er, etc. warrants extra caution. Additionally, every tow rig is different. Height of the bed relative to a level 5'er and rail height over bed all affect clearance to the 5'er. Before I got my 310gk, my truck rode on a 4" lift, 22.5" wheels and 36" commercial tires. I dropped it back to stock height and now love my setup with the goose box. And yeah, hooking up has gotten a lot easier.
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I am sitting on 20" tires. Looks like you are towing with an 8' bed. I will be towing with the short bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I am sitting on 20" tires. Looks like you are towing with an 8' bed. I will be towing with the short bed.
    Yes, my truck has a long bed. Not sure I'd recommend the fixed position turnover ball for towing with a short bed. Seems that's where the sliding hitches have a distinct advantage.
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started with a goosebox in 2018. Never knew another hitch so I cant compare. I have no complaints. We really like it. It tows great. Hitching is a little harder but I came up with a really good solution. We tow our 303RLS a GMC 3500 SRW DENALI. It pulls like a dream, stops really well, has engine brakes, my wife takes her turn daily at over the road driving. which is a big reason we got a truck that is rated for 2x the weight we pull. While I do all of the driving into the RV sites and the backing in. She does all of the hitching. It is just the division of duties that works well for us. She has a system of using the 2 side mirrors and the center vent window in the rear of the cab. I just tell her 18" 6" stop. And she will hit it first or second try. But in hitch as in everything about RVing the best advice is, "TAKE YOUR TIME".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if the Goosebox will work in a Ford 350 shortbed?? I have the Ford puck system. I know that the folks with the B&W turnover ball system will use the Gooseball extender? I don't have that system. Will I have enough room to safely turn with a shortbed?
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234