User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding solar system

I am looking to add a solar panel system to an Imagine XLS 1BHE and the main queztion I have is with respect to the Arctic package and how accessible is the underbelly of the unit to get wiring through. I've been told it may be an issue with to get at that area with the enclosed underbelly. Anyone know much about it.
    Last edited by Oksourdough; 09-12-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not familiar with the layout of the 5th wheel you mentioned, but I will say while the under belly is generally an option to run wiring, it is not the only route to consider for wiring. Often routing wiring from the cable to the charge controller can be accomplished through the roof into and through cabinets, between walls, next to a vent pipe and a refrigerator vent are other locations to consider.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plan is to have the MPPT controller located in the oem converter area with the solar panel wiring coming down the fridge vent to the controller. Will have the inverter mounted in the front storage bay. My issue is with running the remote unit wiring from the inverter to the remote unit itself which I intend on mounting in the open space above the Microwave on this unit. Has anyone had any experience with running wiring and dealing with the arctic package enclosed underbelly. My installer says it could be very problematic. May just have to staple the wiring to the underbelly. Possibly use a piece of small diameter conduit to protect the wiring.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Adding solar system

I’ve never heard of anyone running wire through the under belly, for any solar project.

My inverter and batteries are in the front compartment. The wiring for these components goes straight up through the bedroom floor, through the back of the bedroom closet then through the roof then runs along the roof, under several solar panels then down through the roof again into the cabinet where my control panel is. This is where the inverter display and charge controller display is.

This is how most folks do it.

Ed
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 09-12-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did run 120VAC wiring from the inverter in the front pass-through to the distribution panel by going through the underbelly with the rest of the wiring already there. I must say I supported my wiring much better than the factory did theirs. The rest of the panel wiring and whatnot is through the bedroom to the roof though, and my MPPT is up front with the rest of the solar/12vdc stuff.

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/