Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only the smaller Rzr's will fit in the bed of a pickup. 800 or a 900. Just FYI.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went through the same process you are. We have a four seat Polaris general that I haul on a 14 ft flatbed single axel trailer. I spoke with lots of people who pulled their trailer behind the fifth wheel and had no problems. I finally decided on the 303rls and couldn’t be happier. Based on the weight of the Polaris, trailer and fifth wheel, I’m just within the trucks specs which is a 2017 F250 diesel. I’ve hauled this setup to Red River and back and through the curvy roads of the Arkansas Ozark mountains and never had a problem. When we get to the campground we drop the trailer off, unhook the fifth wheel and we’re good to go with just the flatbed. We don’t always take the Polaris so it’s nice to have the full size fifth wheel and not have all that empty space. The shorter fifth wheel also gives you more parking options at a camp.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmason11 View Post
    We went through the same process you are. We have a four seat Polaris general that I haul on a 14 ft flatbed single axel trailer. I spoke with lots of people who pulled their trailer behind the fifth wheel and had no problems. I finally decided on the 303rls and couldn’t be happier. Based on the weight of the Polaris, trailer and fifth wheel, I’m just within the trucks specs which is a 2017 F250 diesel. I’ve hauled this setup to Red River and back and through the curvy roads of the Arkansas Ozark mountains and never had a problem. When we get to the campground we drop the trailer off, unhook the fifth wheel and we’re good to go with just the flatbed. We don’t always take the Polaris so it’s nice to have the full size fifth wheel and not have all that empty space. The shorter fifth wheel also gives you more parking options at a camp.
    This is intriguing to me, although slightly terrifying at the same time. I'd be afraid of getting stuck in a spot where I have to back up! I like the idea of being able to have a shorter camper though (or same size with more living space) to take when we don't need the RZR. It's also not all the time that trails are readily accessible from the campground, so I like the idea of being able to tow the RZR to a trail while the camper is setup.

Now I have even more thinking to do!
    2019 Ford F250 CCSB 6.7L
    2017 Polaris RZR 1000XP
    Next - Momentum? ????

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were numerous people in Red River who had this setup, fifth wheel with flatbed and RZR. It is terrifying at first but you get used to it. Don't forget you can always unhook the flatbed, unload the RZR and use the RZR to move the flatbed (as long as you have a hitch receiver on the RZR). I started off by taking several 1-2 hr drives to local places that were on main highways then ventured to smaller side roads. And at 41-43 ft I imagine those Momentum's are a handful to back up. I would be interested to hear from people who have a Momentum.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I would add... We double pulled our quad on a small trailer behind my old Springdale TT before we moved up to a TH. My issue was I could not see the quad trailer in my mirrors so I added an observation camera with sound and night vision to the rear of the TT. That way not only could I see the trailer I could also hear it in case I wasn't looking at the monitor if or when Murphy struck. I installed a hard wired camera from Rear View Safety.

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...70613-213.html

I haven't installed this on the new TH yet, it's on the list. Any good observation camera will work though. Safe travels!

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw these in Moab this year while attending Rally on the Rocks. Nice little setup and will fit inside toy hauler with side by side.

https://www.aaoffroad.com/shop?categ...+Head+Trailers
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw these in Moab this year while attending Rally on the Rocks. Nice little setup and will fit inside toy hauler with side by side.

https://www.aaoffroad.com/shop?categ...+Head+Trailers
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out west we camp at the area that we ride. Pismo beach, Dumont dunes, Sand Mountain, Walker River Resort... Glamis and Oregon dunes coming up next.
    Boondocking most of the time, some places have trails/roads to the riding areas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12