User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low pressure propane connection

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but I was hugely disappointed to find out the luxury toy hauler units do not have a low pressure quick coupler. On my first trip out, I simply disconnected the refrigerator connection under the slide and hooked up a 12 foot hose so I could run my Blackstone griddle. Before the next trip, I put a T in the line and added a second quick coupler, where I plugged in a 10 foot hose and secured it under the underbelly, exiting to the left of the steps, right of the slide. I can then hook up my 12 foot or 6 foot hose to the Blackstone, small propane grill or two eye burner. My two previous campers (Rockwood Mini Lite, KZ Spree) had the low pressure propane outlets. Do any Grand Design units have it? I cook mostly outside so it is a must!
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2018 Dodge Ram 4500 4x4 4 door flatbed Cummins Aisin 4.10s

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a Momentum 394 and it doesn't come with one either. I'm going to probably "T" into my line and add one over on the curbside for just that reason.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a quick connect on our 2670MK that is installed for the outside cook top. I use it for my grill and will probably install a T later so that I have the ability to use both.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just put a Y adapter on our patio side tank and run our extension hose to our Blackstone grill.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the low pressure setup so I did get a low pressure splitter (Y) fitting to hook two low pressure appliances to my crossover hose. So far, it works well. Even if it has a little less volume at full power (which I have not noticed), it still seems to work for what I need. It is a male to double female quick couple low pressure fitting.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mostly cook outside and I just carry an extra 20# propane bottle.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2017 Reflection 367BHS came with one and we do use it. I’m surprised to hear some of the full profile models don’t have one.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Our 2017 Reflection 367BHS came with one and we do use it. I’m surprised to hear some of the full profile models don’t have one.
    LOL, I was kind of surprised too. Outdoor grilling and RVs go together, so it just seems to me that a Q.D. would be standard equipment on all of them....but not so much.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Momentum 376TH has the fitting on the street side below the outside mini kitchen. I have bought two extra hoses, Y-fitting, and the proper adapters to connect the factory installed gas burner, Blackstone griddle, Weber grill, and even a fire pit.

I guess the 376TH only has it because of the outside kitchen. You are right, they should put a street side connector on all models.

Edit: I should add that we use this fitting all of the time with the only exception being if the weather runs us inside.
    Last edited by vonzoog; 09-14-2019 at 06:00 AM.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Reflection 29RS came with one installed under the kitchen (passenger side) slide out. I assumed they all come with one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast