Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2500RL Use Air Matress?

Looking at buying a 2500RL and really want the theater seating since it is usually just the wife and I, but wondering if an air mattress would work in the open area in the living room for guests. Went to a dealer and measured and it looks like it would be too snug for a queen size 60x80, but a full size 54x75 just might fit. Has anyone tried this in the 2500RL or similar floor plan? Thanks!
    Last edited by LDSTexas; 09-12-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDSTexas View Post
    Looking at buying a 2500RL and really want the theater seating since it is usually just the wife and I, but wondering if an air mattress would work in the open area in the living room for guests. Went to a dealer and measured and it looks like it would be too snug for a queen size 60x80, but a full size 54x75 just might fit. Has anyone tried this in the 2500RL or similar floor plan? Thanks!
    We have used a Full (double bed size) air mattress in the living area of our 2500RL. It fits with just enough room to walk around it, if needed. You could probably squeeze a Queen size into the space, but it would touch the edges of the cabinets and leave virtually no walk space.
    David & Catherine
    2023 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost w/Max Tow, Equalizer 4-Point Hitch
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say open area are we talking about open floor area? I was wondering about an air mattress for the dinette. I haven't measured it yet to see if that is possible.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a foam pad that is about 1 1/2 thick that we use on top of the dinette bed. Don't use it often as it is usually just 2 of us. It rolls up and can be stored fairly easy. We put it on the back side of the table where there is no room to sit anyway. We have a queen and a single air mattress but have not tried them in the TT,
    2018 F150 Eco 4x4 XLT CC Max Tow Package
    Michelin Defender tires
    2019 GD Imagine 2500RL WDH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking from experience if an "air bed" type air mattress is used they tend to squeak if in contact with cabinetry when the user moves around on the mattress. Make sure it won't contact anything.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    When you say open area are we talking about open floor area? I was wondering about an air mattress for the dinette. I haven't measured it yet to see if that is possible.
    Yes, I was referring to the floor area between the dinette and the kitchen. As far as the dinette, a twin air mattress is 39 x 75, which just might fit. The mattresses I am looking at are 13 to 18 inches thick and some are even thicker. They have a built in pump that inflates and deflates in about 4 minutes. Don't know if you would need one like that since the dinette already has some cushion. There are cheaper ones, but not sure how comfortable they would be. You also have to blow them up and deflate them manually unless you have your own pump. I think some of those may come with a manual pump.