User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have about 750 miles on my Rad E bike. Just love it. Several trips over 25 miles, never run out of battery, but terrain and how much power assist you use effect battery duration. Carry it on scooter/light dirt bike carrier which l move to my truck if l’m driving to a distant start point. Weight if these bikes require some time of heavy duty carrier! Carry my dog in a padded carrier which straps to rear carrier on bike. He weighs about 18 lbs and is no problem. Harness keeps him secure. Don’t think you’d regret purchasing an ebike, but would advise getting a good one like Rad!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindabf View Post
    We were in one of the first shipments of the new Lectric XP ebikes. Because the bikes are new, they are still filling orders from their pre-shipment orders.

We were considering the Rad ebike before we found the video from Fate Unbound on youtube where they got a pair of prototype bikes to review. Because the price was so much better than the Rad bikes and they'd seemed to be comparable, we decided to take the risk with Letric's new venture on the ebike and haven't regretted our decision. We received our two bikes in early July and took them with us on a trip to Lancaster, Pa in July. We are getting ready to venture out on a six week trip with them and are looking forward to exploring the many state parks and COE campgrounds planned on our journey.

The company has been great to work with and were good (and are still) keeping everyone updated with the status of the shipments of the bikes. I believe the price has gone up a little from their pre-order pricing, but even still they are several hundred dollars less than most of the competitors.

They do go fast so that takes a little getting used to, but there are a few parameters you can adjust to help a little with that (which one of the owners returned our request for assistance one day).

If you have any specific questions, let me know and we'd be happy to talk with you.
    Hi Mark and Linda,
    Thanks for all the good info. Glad to hear you are enjoying the bikes. Since my last post we have placed our order for a pair. Called out and talked to Christian a couple times and asked a few questions and then placed the order.

I looked at the RadMini, but it comes with no lights, fenders, or rack and still cost several hundred more. After watching plenty of Youtube videos, most from RVers, I was convinced they were a quality product and and would work for us.

Ours will be in the October shipments. We have a trip to Inks Lake state park and Cedar Breaks COE park planned for late October, so hoping they make it here before that trip as it is the last one we have planned for the season. Of course we are already thinking of places to ride locally here in San Antonio like trails and maybe even downtown.

I am researching bike locks and finding there is more to it than just buying the old standard cable lock since it seems they are easier to cut than I realized. The U-locks seem a bit more promising, but still a little scary to park the bikes some place and walk very far away.

We are definitely looking forward to getting them, if we have any questions we will sure let you know.

Larry and Patricia
    San Antonio, Texas
    Last edited by LDSTexas; 09-22-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a pair of eZips we picked up at Wal-Mart maybe 6 years ago. They are fairly quick and easy to pedal if you chose.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDSTexas View Post
    Hi Mark and Linda,
    Thanks for all the good info. Glad to hear you are enjoying the bikes. Since my last post we have placed our order for a pair. Called out and talked to Christian a couple times and asked a few questions and then placed the order.

I looked at the RadMini, but it comes with no lights, fenders, or rack and still cost several hundred more. After watching plenty of Youtube videos, most from RVers, I was convinced they were a quality product and and would work for us.

Ours will be in the October shipments. We have a trip to Inks Lake state park and Cedar Breaks COE park planned for late October, so hoping they make it here before that trip as it is the last one we have planned for the season. Of course we are already thinking of places to ride locally here in San Antonio like trails and maybe even downtown.

I am researching bike locks and finding there is more to it than just buying the old standard cable lock since it seems they are easier to cut than I realized. The U-locks seem a bit more promising, but still a little scary to park the bikes some place and walk very far away.

We are definitely looking forward to getting them, if we have any questions we will sure let you know.

Larry and Patricia
    San Antonio, Texas
    Don't kid yourself; the locks are strictly for honest people. If someone want's your bike, they are going to have it. With a grinder on a cordless tool, they can cut through anything in seconds.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDSTexas View Post
    Larry and Patricia
    San Antonio, Texas
    They are quite the investment so one does need to aware of theft potential. We went with Kryponite locks as recommended by our bicycle dealer. Decent locking system, but the seller was the bicycle specific insurance that Kryptonite offers, I forget the exact details, I think it was free, just had to register.

The other kicker is I always take a picture of my bike locked up with the K locks, then I have proof they were adequately locked according to specifications.

Lastly, I try to keep them in sight, not always possible. As mentioned above, portable battery operated metal grinder will cut any lock in less than a minute, so the best deterrent is to have them out of sight when stored, and in plain sight of many people when locked up.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Half Ton View Post
    Don't kid yourself; the locks are strictly for honest people. If someone want's your bike, they are going to have it. With a grinder on a cordless tool, they can cut through anything in seconds.
    I am very familiar with angle grinders. Actually one of my favorite tools around the house and RV, but also scary that thieves have battery operated ones. You are right, if they want it bad enough they will get it. My hope is to discourage them so they move on or I want to at least make it very difficult.
    Last edited by LDSTexas; 09-24-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    They are quite the investment so one does need to aware of theft potential. We went with Kryponite locks as recommended by our bicycle dealer. Decent locking system, but the seller was the bicycle specific insurance that Kryptonite offers, I forget the exact details, I think it was free, just had to register.

The other kicker is I always take a picture of my bike locked up with the K locks, then I have proof they were adequately locked according to specifications.

Lastly, I try to keep them in sight, not always possible. As mentioned above, portable battery operated metal grinder will cut any lock in less than a minute, so the best deterrent is to have them out of sight when stored, and in plain sight of many people when locked up.
    From watching Videos on Youtube the Kryponite locks are some of the best. Especially the yellow ones that say New York Lock. I need to look in to the theft guarantee. That would make me feel a little better, though you are right a battery operated angle grinder can cut through anything in short order. The good thing is it makes a lot of noise, so pretty sure i would hear that if not too far away. I saw some vibration alarms on Amazon that can be attached to the bike. It goes off when the bike is moved and keeps going until it is reset with the remote.

You make a great point about locking them up close to other bikes and people. Also good idea taking a picture. Hadn't thought of that, but would sure be helpful.

We mostly camp at state parks and never had anything bothered yet, but one can never be too careful.
    Last edited by LDSTexas; 09-24-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Lectric eBikes

We purchased two of the Lectric ebikes. One in black and one in white. We love them. They are fun and easy to ride. Well built. A little on the heavy side are as all ebikes. Easy to fold in half. We have plenty of room in our 337 5th wheel garage so store them there for now. When the time comes we will put on bike rack on back of 5th wheel. We took our Lectric ebikes to the last GD rally and they functioned well. We are impressed with how well they are built. Seat height is easily adjustable. Lights in front and back give adequate light for casual night time riding. They only thing we would change would be the warning ding bell. It is as most are designed but seem a little inadequate. Although when used while riding people seemed to hear it just fine.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poppy, I have a question about how you carry your ebikes. We are looking at getting 2 of the Rad power ebikes like you have. We have a Ford F350 6.5 bed and a Reflection 337. Do you carry the bikes in the truck or on a rack on the back of the trailer.

Thanks

John

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John L View Post
    Poppy, I have a question about how you carry your ebikes. We are looking at getting 2 of the Rad power ebikes like you have. We have a Ford F350 6.5 bed and a Reflection 337. Do you carry the bikes in the truck or on a rack on the back of the trailer.

Thanks

John
    FYI
    We have 2 ebikes which we carry on the back of our 303rls. Have done this for the last 3 years using a Thule rack rated for the weight (about 110 lbs for both). I recently discovered that this rack is not approved for use on the back of a trailer because the side to side motion is too great. Now, I am looking at adding some brackets to allow strapping the rack sideways to minimize the motion. Approved racks are scarce and really heavy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast